IGNORED

Space Panic Sealed Imports?

thegamepimp

I have had these copies of Space Panic laying around for a while. I do not know much about them except that it seems like they are UK or Australian versions. 1 of each type is factory sealed I believe but I do not know what they should look like. I am looking for any information on these that anyone has. Are they PAL versions? Will they work on US systems? Are they rare or valuable ?

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

post-34810-0-27052700-1357227694_thumb.jpg

post-34810-0-18390500-1357227697_thumb.jpg

post-34810-0-03347800-1357227699_thumb.jpg

post-34810-0-44780200-1357227700_thumb.jpg

post-34810-0-86221900-1357227701_thumb.jpg

post-34810-0-30442200-1357227703_thumb.jpg

post-34810-0-82266100-1357227704_thumb.jpg

post-34810-0-56489000-1357227706_thumb.jpg

post-34810-0-81971000-1357227707_thumb.jpg

there is one on ebay for $10.00 and one on ebay for $73. The $73 dollar one says he is from australia so not sure if that makes it different from the other one. To me they are not worth much but you never know what you could get.

They are PAL versions however coleco games were not made different for PAL with what looks like the exception being Victory.

I have not officially played a pal game in NTSC because I don't collect them but I don't see why it wouldn't work just fine.

the Red ones are Australian I think. i have donkey kong jr in that format.

Australian are PAL .

The other one is an UK release i think . PAL also.

Technically they are more chance than a PAL game does not work on NTSC than the opposite. But i don't think they were game made for PAL or SECAM specifically. So it should work on NTSC.

The Yellow and Red plastic clamshell box versions are the Australian release of Space Panic by CBS Electronics. The pictured cartridge is the United Kingdom release, it is the CBS cart shell and it is PAL format, but it should work in any ColecoVision. When it comes to CBS releases in Australia, it's a crapshoot whether you will get a CBS style cart or a U.S. Coleco style cart. The instruction manual is the Australian version.

The cardboard box version of Space Panic is the European release (CBS style #03 as Crapahute has pointed out) that CBS switched to more than likely in an effort to save money by not having to produce individual language boxes, manual and cart labels like they originally had started out doing. The box, manual and cart label feature five different languages.

As far as rarity or value, not very rare and not very value, I am sad to say. The U.S. version is a $7-$10 game CIB and this holds true for the versions that you have, with the excption of the sealed box... that adds a little value, but not much.

Thanks a lot for the information everyone! I am not really disappointed in the value aspect and its cool to get some background info. I will probably just keep them with the others that I have like that. (I have a decent little stack of AU/UK variants) This is the only one that I had all 3 versions of. Based on the US version I didn't expect them to be worth a whole lot. Thanks again for your vast knowledge!