IGNORED

2600 Football Games

Mind Master

Super Football--the best 2600 football game. Awesome.

M Network Super Challenge Football--nice but only two players and no punting! It really sucks when it's fourth and ten deep in your own territory.

RealSports Football--It's one player, but the computer is no challenge. The gameplay is not as good as M Network either. In its defense, I got the game about eight years after I got Super Football.

Football--My brother and I used to play this a lot before we got Super Challenge Football. I've only played it once since then.

We used to play Football like FREAKS back in the day when that was all there was. But then came SUPER Football, and nothing else can compare. You can actually call PLAYS!

The other two are lost somewhere in between, like BP said they are ok, but not nearly as complete as Super Football. I need a better memory to recall all the plays sometimes, though! ;) :)

Touchdown Stan :)

Even though I'm a hardcore Atari lover and 95% of my VG collection are either classic games or re-releases of classic games, I have to say that ultimately, nothing beats the modern era EA sports series of games. I love Madden and FIFA. Sorry for getting Off-Topic. :ponder:

...and no, it's not about graphics or limitations, I'm just talking playability.

...and no, it's not about graphics or limitations, I'm just talking playability.

That's why Atari Arcade Football (X & O) game rules supreme over all!

Talk about playability: Beauty, form, design, two trakballs to lay some sweat, places to put your beer, and plenty of space to spit as you curse! :P

Rob Mitchell, Atlanta, GA