IGNORED

Circus AtariAge (2600)

Omegamatrix

Circus AtariAge uses paddle controllers. The Stella emulator doesn't know it's a paddle game unless there is an entry made for it. The problem is every time you release a new build you need to tell Stella it's a paddle game.

There was a discussion a while ago (not on the forums) on how to force Stella to a particular controllers for new roms. Nothing has yet come of it though.

Circus AtariAge uses paddle controllers. The Stella emulator doesn't know it's a paddle game unless there is an entry made for it. The problem is every time you release a new build you need to tell Stella it's a paddle game.

There was a discussion a while ago (not on the forums) on how to force Stella to a particular controllers for new roms. Nothing has yet come of it though.

Well so far the 2013 PRGE demo is the most current public release. Might as well add it to the database at this point. It's a wonderful Harmony app and I would go so far as to buy a cart as is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Status Update: This project is not dead. It's been 1 year since I worked on the core of the game. Around Christmas I hope to resume work once again diving into a rebuild. Since that last posted rom, I've been doing piecework on various parts. Here is a little splash screen teaser. It does not respond to any controls... just eye candy... I've torn out lots of bits to just show this. :twisted:

post-7074-0-54429700-1447564782_thumb.png

SplashScreen.bin

There will be no more elaboration about progress or this rom by me at this time. As per Russell Peters...

post-7074-0-86872300-1447565067.gif

• Like 8

Status Update: This project is not dead. It's been 1 year since I worked on the core of the game. Around Christmas I hope to resume work once again diving into a rebuild. Since that last posted rom, I've been doing piecework on various parts. Here is a little splash screen teaser. It does not respond to any controls... just eye candy... I've torn out lots of bits to just show this. :twisted:

There will be no more elaboration about progress or this rom by me at this time. As per Russell Peters...

You really hate those 48 pixel title screens, don't you?

Beautiful, WOW!

Wow, what a great title screen, thanks for sharing it! I had no idea you had created this until Darrell showed it to me at the Houston Arcade Expo yesterday (loaded on a Harmony Cart). I was grinning ear-to-ear! :D

..Al

same here.....Darrell showed it to me also..... nice job Omega!

• 7 months later...

Thats a VERY nice title screen!

Hard to believe it's a 2600!

Thank you very much. :thumbsup:

Here is a little more. There is now somewhat of a transition from splash screen to options screen. The only way to currently see it is by using the reset switch. Once you reach the the options screen that's it. Nothing on the menu is selectable, and there is no game in this rom. Truthfully I sometimes don't work on this for weeks, and when I do it is only for a few hours at a time. ;) I also find I can spend hours and sometimes days trying to tweak an animation to only be disappointed with the result. As it is this rom still doesn't feel 'right'.

CAA_16_06_25.bin

• Like 7

Very well done! I like the transition!

It's a real 2600 eye candy! Mhhhh. :)

Truthfully I sometimes don't work on this for weeks, and when I do it is only for a few hours at a time.

Oh yeah! I know this! Too much other time consuming things to do... the struggle for live!

I also find I can spend hours and sometimes days trying to tweak an animation to only be disappointed with the result. As it is this rom still doesn't feel 'right'.

It's really a shame:

Nobody really can assume how much hours of work is needed for such a few little things... only the programmer itself.

And nobody knows how many times code is rewritten because it does not look like it should.

I think it was Einstein who said:

a genius thing needs 10% inspiration and 90% transpiration! :)

• Like 1

It's been a year, I think, since I tried this game out at a convention, but I have to say, it looked so good that I thought it was a 7800 game. I literally had to look down at the system for 5 seconds to convince my brain that it was a 2600.

I still boot the PRGE 2013 demo on my Harmony from time to time. Love the little blood "splats" when my little guys miss the springboard, and how the legs twitch slightly post crash. Don't ever change that! :twisted:

• 1 year later...

attachicon.gifSplashScreen.png

attachicon.gifSplashScreen.bin

attachicon.gifRussel Petsrs.gif

Why is this not available in the store?