IGNORED

Controller Extensions for Inty II?

B0B 1ob1aw

I am sure this has been discussed before: Has anyone made their own, or purchased, some sort of extension cables for the Inty II?

I would assume the connectors on the controllers were a proprietary configuration?

Building cable assemblies is one thing I can do competently.

A cable like that one should work, yes. The ones I use have molded hoods that are a little slimmer and less square-shaped than those of the cable in the auction, so I don't know if that particular cable will fit into the Intellivision II, which has deeply recessed and narrow controller ports. I do have a few of those exact cables, though, so let me try them tonight to see if they'll fit.

OK, sounds good. Extension Cables will be a good thing, I like to recline when I game.

Unrelated question: If I have some Inty stuff I want to trade, is it OK manners to post it in this sub-forum? I noticed another forum here where people are posting stuff for sale, but it all seems to be 99% non-Inty. I would assume more Inty fans would see it in this forum. Plus I wouldn't be looking to sell it, just maybe trade/barter with other Inty fans.

Edited by B0B 1ob1aw

• 1 month later...

A cable like that one should work, yes. The ones I use have molded hoods that are a little slimmer and less square-shaped than those of the cable in the auction, so I don't know if that particular cable will fit into the Intellivision II, which has deeply recessed and narrow controller ports. I do have a few of those exact cables, though, so let me try them tonight to see if they'll fit.

Jaybird: Were you able to determine whether or not the cables offered on eBay work without modification? I'm thinking about buying one so I can use a Sears controller with the Intv II so I don't have to worry about performing surgery. :)

Thanks!

Jaybird: Were you able to determine whether or not the cables offered on eBay work without modification? I'm thinking about buying one so I can use a Sears controller with the Intv II so I don't have to worry about performing surgery. :)

Thanks!

They work really well. In fact the male connector housing is identical to the "teardrop" shaped plug on the Sears controllers. The cable plugs in just fine to the INTV II and the controllers. They seem like high quality cables for the price. At this point I am daisy chaining two with no problem. I may need to go with a third to get enough length to put it in my cable run, for phase 2.0 of my Lazy Retro Gamer HT integration.