IGNORED

how to make your own bootdisk

Marius

By the way:

Although I did not test it again, I remember having trouble by creating bootdisks with regular binary files using this method. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Probably because this BOOT command is meant in the first place to make the disk bootable with a SpartaDos version. It is not meant to make it bootable with a regular binary. I guess files with several load stages or files without an explicit RUN address do not work properly this way.

• 4 years later...

if you want boot & load to $0800-$bfff use this:.

copy your game to disk, rename game to xbios.com and boot

if you want direct load to:

$0000-$00ff, $0200-$06ff, $0c00-$cfff, $d800-$ffff use xbios (xbios use ataridos fs/mydos up to 16mb, catalogs, custom SIO)

Awesome, just what I needed!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

new wersion: http://xxl.atari.pl/

xboot: http://xxl.atari.pl/download/xboot.obx

name your program "AUTORUN"

make bootable atr with your program:

dir2atr -md -B xboot.obx myatr.atr directory

I scanned your xbios page and was wondering if there was a way to make a bootable disk to do the following.

Boot an Atari 130XE with regular BASIC kicked out without having to hold down the option key (or force Altirra to unload a cartridge mounted).

Load BAISIC XL 1.03 from a .rom or .car file (I have both). It's a 16KB cart file, so it would probably be best to boot t

Then load RDOS 1.4 or Mydos 4.53

or

Go the autorun.sys route, but that is already being used for a serial port driver specfically written for the ATR8000 or 850 for my old BBS software. (Action Annex 3 or 4). The last version of the code was written primarily for the XE. But I also have a few Atari 800s available if it just won't work that way.

A very long time ago I probably could come up with a solution but why reinvent the wheel?

I know I can just force mount the cartridge in emulation on Alltirra. I can load Rdos 1.4 with a DD 180K image no less)

I used to have a BASIC XL cartridge , I don't know where it ran off to.

Would a .XEX file be possible?

I've been away from the Atari stuff for about 20 years, I did some searching..

Have you hugged your IBM PC PXE boot code today? I did the QA on the legacy 4.01 version that went on to be GPXE. :}

• 11 months later...