IGNORED

Interest Check: Tank Command & Kung-Fu Master

KevinMos3

Maybe Marc will consider making some matching boxes???

I think that would be awesome if people ordered boxes for these from him. I'd collaborate with artwork if needed. However, international shipping rates are going up today, so those things are going to cost even more. (I believe he ships from Germany). :(

So far, it looks like 20 of each will cover demand. I was pretty surprised to see more interest in Kung-Fu Master than Tank Command. I'll keep tallying through today and maybe some of tomorrow, but I'm planning to work on acquiring parts this weekend, so I can't keep it open longer than that.

Thanks again for the responses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to update everyone on the status of this. I'm still waiting on the supplier of the boards. Initial talks went well, but there's been no response for more than three weeks now, so I'm not sure how much more delay there will be.

At this point, I'm bumping up against a big move, so the soonest I'll be able to have anything done is probably late March. If the supplier hasn't come through by then, I'll have to come up with an alternate source and the earliest date would be early June. Let's hope this is not the case.

On a separate note: Shameless plug, because the 7800 hacks forum gets virtually NO exposure...

Impossible Mission (Sprite, Color, & Ending hack) - final

Choplifter (Status Display, Sprite & Color hack) - final

Water Ski (Re-alignment, Title & Color hack plus Trainer) - complete but open to change

• Like 2

I don't currently have plans for Impossible Mission, but when the larger capacity boards become available, I'd certainly like to.

However, I am willing to convert anyone's cartridge if a person wants to go that route. As long as your label is in decent condition, I can remove it without any damage to it at all and re-apply it, so it still looks original. I did that to my cart because I've never had the heart to play the original version that can't be completed. At first, I just replaced the rom with a "fixed" version eprom. I used a socket, so once that was done, I figured I might as well put whatever eprom I wanted in there. I could always go back to the original version if I wanted, but I like it as it is now... until Krewat does an official fix.

• Like 2

Just wanted to update everyone on the status of this. I'm still waiting on the supplier of the boards. Initial talks went well, but there's been no response for more than three weeks now, so I'm not sure how much more delay there will be.

At this point, I'm bumping up against a big move, so the soonest I'll be able to have anything done is probably late March. If the supplier hasn't come through by then, I'll have to come up with an alternate source and the earliest date would be early June. Let's hope this is not the case.

If I'm not mistaken, I seem to understand that you want to use new factory PCB.

This would be very very professional. :)