IGNORED

Computer games,do you collect them?

I used to have a biggish collection of Atari 8bit tape games (most in orig. packaging) I think they numbered around 250 tape games (including compilations)

I found it interesting though that the UK market (as well as some parts of europe) was predominantly 'tape driven', considering though that the success sinclair had with his ZX series (which effectively created the UK games industry as we know it), I found it surprising that the major UK software houses only considered Atari and commodore disk versions of tape games as an 'afterthought' (i.e as an additional sales channel)

I kept all the boxes and documentation for everything I bought from about 1988 onwards.. which means I have an insane amount of old C=64 and PC stuff.

I've decided most of it has to go as there simply isn't enough room.. Been pleasantly surprised at how much certain titles will bring CIB and by god I'm holding onto a sealed copy of Ultima V for a rainy day.. but as I make CIB i've been slapping them on eBay as I figure I can use the money towards something console related.

There are some PC games i'm happy to have complete and will never get rid of. The Wing Commander Series, My Gold Box games.. stuff I own the cover paintings to, etc. But I just can't keep the majority of it. Same reason I purged myself of all computers save my Commodore stuff. I used to have CoCos and Ataris and blah blah blah.. but at some point you gotta say no mas!

But yeah the problem is just space. There was never really a method to the madness behind pre-dvd computer game packaging (ok they tried a few times but it never stuck). So you've got all these crazy boxes.. some tiny.. some HUGE.. some weirdly shaped, hexagonal.. it's nuts.

I do but it's a beast. Idk in order to have an older pc I would want an entirely new set-up w/monitor and kb and .... That takes up a lot of space I don't have. Unless there is a way I can daisy chain monitors to multiple pc's :)

Get back behind there and start pluggin ;)