IGNORED

Fruit Push

Retrospect

FRUIT.zip

post-34058-0-84060900-1358911507_thumb.png

Fruit Push ..... req Ext.Basic & 32K

Game has "attract mode" sequence when no coins are inserted (basic animated flashing of sprites)

Insert coins by pressing 5. The slot blanks out while key 5 is pressed, you hear the coin drop when inserted

Retrieve winnings by pressing C : You hear the coin hit the box and the counter resets. (authenticity reasons, its pointless enough)

Start reels by pressing SPACE. No coins in box will mean no reel spin.

The reason I made this :

It's a fun little game, could while away easily 20 minutes or so .... but most of all was my intention to show just what can be done with the TI99 graphics in Extended Basic. The limitation of 2 colours per sprite are not made as obvious on screen.

This game was compiled using the Willhelm Compiler 2.1

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...

Looking back at this game, the way I did the graphics, it would be very interesting to see what can be done with an FPGA board (is that what it's called?) ....

From what I understand, it allows for more than 2 colours per sprite , it's 4 colours per sprite, am I right?

Probably wipe the floor with the Commodore 64 if only for a little extra RAM

If you are referring to the F18A board which uses an FPGA chip to implement the digital logic, then yes, there are more color options for both tiles and sprites. There is support for 2-colors, 4-colors, and 8-colors (1, 2, or 3 bits per pixel) *per tile* and *per sprite*. Color zero ('0', '00', or '000' in bits) can be either transparent or a defined color. Tiles can have priority over sprites, definable on a per-tile basis (you can hide sprites behind tiles). Pixel-level horz and vert scrolling with windowing is available. There is also a 4-color bitmap *layer* that can be set to any size from 1x1 pixel to 256x240 pixels. Think of it as a big 4-color adjustable-size sprite.

If you are interested in more details, see the F18A thread (pushed back to page 2 or 3 by now I think).

• Like 1

Impressive work. Is there a source for the Wilhelm compiler?

Thanks!

The Willhelm compiler can be found in the Development thread , it's currently at version 2.1 and works with Extended Basic, sprites, and display at commands .... remember not to use logic in a THEN statement, branch the THEN statement off to a different line and you will do fine with compiling it.

Edited by Retrospect