IGNORED

2 Voltron's and a Ghost Rider Defend My Intellivision Collection

It was on during the late 70's to early 80's. They always played it after school in the UHF channels. It was around the same time they always played Star Blazers.

Some the Force Five robots were sold and marketed in the US as the "Shogun Warrior" series. Sold as large 24" action figure type things, that shot out all kinds of missles - choking and eye injury stuff that would be banned now. They also had smaller die cast ones.

http://en.wikipedia....Warriors_(toys)

I wanted a "Mazinger" for christmas, but my parents ghetto'd out and got me the glue together plastic model one for a fraction of the price. I wouldn't have cared if the damned plastic wasn't so thin and brittle!

Edited by B0B 1ob1aw

Do either of you guys remember the "Force Five" TV series? it was Japanimation robot medly that had 5 seperate stories, one for each day of the week.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Force_Five

If we're going down the anime route to protect our collections, I would choose ... Lum from Urusei Yatsura. Hell hath no wrath like a tiger striped bikini-ed, lightning wielding alien scorned.

post-31049-0-78247900-1358978644_thumb.jpg

They also had smaller die cast ones.

Yep, I remember those robots. I didn't know they were called Force 5/Shogun Warriors. My mom bought my brothers and me some of the die cast models. Very cool toys. If I remember well this was the summer of 1980 and the Toy store was Toys R Us in Torrance, California.

Ah... the memories... Pac Man Fever was a hit song at the time and I got my first Atari for my birthday that summer. $139.99 in Kmart.

I still have the robots somewhere. I will try to dig them out and post a picture. They are a little bit beaten up tough. Too much playing with them :)

I remember watching 2 tv shows when i was a kid but only remember the name of the first one. I lived in a Detroit suburb so maybe anybody who also got detroit tv stations back then might help me remember, it would of been either channel 20 or 50 in the late 70's early 80's. The one i remember was Ultraman. I loved Ultraman and finally picked up the dvd set last year. The one i can't remember the name to i'm pretty sure came on right after Ultraman and it was also a Japanese show like Ultraman and it's main hero was a big robot kind of Voltron in size. But it wasn't a man transforming into a robot or anything transforming into it. I think they either just called it when in trouble or it just showed up. And that's just if i'm not mistaken. It's been a long time.

(Pac-Man Fever? I had the record. I still do!)

Pac-Man Fever Remake by Astrosmash... there is the Intellivision connection! :music:

BTW INTV Pac Man... best home conversion of its generation! :thumbsup:

Mazzinger Z another classic. I do not know about DVD's... I will keep my antennas up.

I used to watch Mazinger Z on TV (in Spanish!) when I was a kid, and I loved it. That must have been in the late 70's.

I wonder if its available on DVD...

(Pac-Man Fever? I had the record. I still do!)

i have the square pac-man fever record that has a picture of pac-man gameplay on it. also it has been my ringtone for the last 5 years
  • Like 1

i have the square pac-man fever record that has a picture of pac-man gameplay on it. also it has been my ringtone for the last 5 years

LOL! I never saw that record. The one I have is the album that contains all sorts of crappy video game songs that never made it past the novelty stage: Frogger, Defender, Donkey Kong, etc.

It contains the various "keys" to solve the mazes on the record sleeve.

-dZ.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...