IGNORED

XenoPhobe

Vintagebreed

So i just went out on a limb and bought the game Xenophobe.I went out on a limb because i looked the game up but i cant really tell as to what type of game it is i know action but it kinda looks like a flashback type game were you collect items and such.So is this game worth the $20 i payed for it is there fun to be had with the game what is the plot line if any.Finally is the game straight out any good ?Thx for any advice on this.

So i just went out on a limb and bought the game Xenophobe.I went out on a limb because i looked the game up but i cant really tell as to what type of game it is i know action but it kinda looks like a flashback type game were you collect items and such.So is this game worth the $20 i payed for it is there fun to be had with the game what is the plot line if any.Finally is the game straight out any good ?Thx for any advice on this.

It's always better to ask these questions before purchasing, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised by this title. I enjoy it personally. IMHO, it is one of the better ports for the 7800 within the original library.

Next time you are looking for lasting entertainment from the 7800, I suggest you purchase one of PacManPlus' homebrews. They are astounding!

• Like 1

If the game had POKEY for the music/SFX it would have been the best console port besides the Lynx version. NES just looked washed out but it had most of the key elements.

I loved this game in the arcades I used to dump quarters in it like WOAH!

You did good, this game is great!

• 3 weeks later...

Me and my friends loved the original arcade game back in the day. It's arcade action, not a serious adventure game comparable to "Flashback". I never played the 7800 version.

It's too bad that it never got a 16-bit console port, although Wikipedia says that it was ported to the Amiga and Atari ST. It's one of those "in between" games such as the original "Shinobi" and "Rastan" that was too advanced for the 8-bit console generation, but then never ported in the subsequent generation.

Ya i absolutely love this game cant believe i never ran into it as a child.I have gotten pretty far on it and have reached a decent score or atleast what i think is decent lol made it to the 6th space station then the time it gives you to extermination the xeno's gets real low.Here is a pic of my score not to shabby.

post-34365-0-30874700-1361062240_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Xenophobe rocks on the 7800. Controls, graphics, everything is awesome. Never beat it though. Can you actually beat the game on the 7800 version?

Like most 7800 games.. there is no "ending" or final boss to beat ..it just keeps going until you run out of health

Edited by NIKON