IGNORED

LoZ: Wind Waker HD remake

xg4bx

I got the GameCube version recently which was going to be next on my list of Zelda games to play.

Now I can't decide if I should play the original or wait for the Wii U version.

It will be great to have your inventory on the Game pad screen.

Edited by Amstari

In the Nintendo Direct, Iwata said they are "refining" the gameplay also. Not sure what this means, but maybe sailing time will be better :)

I was thinking of replaying the game not so long ago but now I can wait a bit until the Wii U version appears.

Mendon

Sailing time didn't bother me. Having to change the wind though was annoying. I hope they at least make that cut scene of Link waving his wand around be skippable since that quicly got annoying.

I wonder if motion controls will be implimented here like Twilight Princess.

I got the GameCube version recently which was going to be next on my list of Zelda games to play.

Now I can't decide if I should play the original or wait for the Wii U version.

It will be great to have your inventory on the Game pad screen.

There's really not a lot of inventory swapping as I recall. I bet you would find yourself only bringing up your inventory screen maybe once or twice during a dungeon for instance.

The comparison shots show a significant change in the visuals so I'd say that the GCN version is still worth playing through. The magnificent cell shaded look of the environments (I thought the character designs were horrible) almost seems gone on the Wii U. It looks excellent so I'm not complaining and I'm glad to see it's more than just a quick cash in that's simplying porting over the existing game and is instead more like a remake.

But there's certainly going to still be good reason to experience the GCN version due to the drastic change in style (Unlike something like Ico on the PS3 where I see little reason ever to play the PS2 original again).

I never thought 10 years ago I'd ever want a remake of this. I came close to not even buying the game due to just how awful the characters like Link appeared (I preordered just for the bonus disc). Excellent game that I'm glad I bought even if it had a good number of areas where it was far from perfect like the character designs which I still hate (Particularly the people like Link).

Edited by Atariboy