IGNORED

Update on stuff

With the generous $85 donations from atariage folks, I was able to get a new starter and battery for my truck (I had some saved up). I did not come up with the money to move my family where there is power, running water, and sewage, but we still live. It's razor's edge, but we're getting about 6 bucks a week ahead.

A thank you to all who helped, at least we're still alive.

Two middle fingers to the scumbag moderator who shut it down and will likely shut this thread down as well. Like I wasn't humiliated enough.

I hate to say it, but the video game community does not like people with hands out asking for a little help.

There is always exceptions to this.

Dont let it spoil your experience on these forums.

Im glad to hear you are making it, well sort of anyway.....

I just got an insulting IM saying "If it's that close, why not shut down your radio station?"

Hey, Tom? Whoever the hell you are here? Chuff a fat hog. I've had that station running nonstop since 2007. The ten bucks a month it costs me if I don't play any non public domain stuff would hurt me less than losing the small following.

I was disappointed on how that whole thing was handled by the mods here too.

I know they are just looking out for the users here, I know there have been scams and problems in the past.

The thing is, townparkradio didn't just show up here with a story.

He's a bona fide member of the community, and many of us knew of his struggles to try to live an eco-friendly lifestyle.

Anyhow, glad to see that things are not quite so dire...here's to better days ahead.

Edited by ghsqb

, and many of us knew of his struggles to try to live an eco-friendly lifestyle.

And on that subject I repeat: DO NOT TRY IT. Unless you are incredibly wealthy, you're risking slowly starving to death. I have run into several folks who have told me they did it just fine.

Every one of those folks was on a pension or disability. In fact, many of my neighbors are on disability and food stamps and heat assistance, so they get to the tune of 18 hundred dollars a month of assistance. When your bills are zero, that's a lot of money. Normal humans cannot do it. The technology simply is not there yet.

With the generous $85 donations from atariage folks, I was able to get a new starter and battery for my truck (I had some saved up). I did not come up with the money to move my family where there is power, running water, and sewage, but we still live. It's razor's edge, but we're getting about 6 bucks a week ahead.

A thank you to all who helped, at least we're still alive.

Two middle fingers to the scumbag moderator who shut it down and will likely shut this thread down as well. Like I wasn't humiliated enough.

i am so glad to her you got your truck fixed. i am in no position to be able to help you, but have dealt with you and know your situation and told rev in a pm conversation that we were having that you are probably the one person i would trust more than anyone here as far as saying they needed help and truly needing it. i dream of being able to live off the grid, but doing it right is not a cheap endeavor. i would love more than anything to live in a tiny house or a bunker. i have websites on both open all the time so i can dream of what i can hope to have one day. i also have been prepping for a couple years now. take care my friend. Edited by pimpmaul69