IGNORED

What type of glue is good for fixing boxes?

B0B 1ob1aw

Just curious: what types of glue are good for fixing boxes?

After looking through the lot I thought had all crushed boxes, it looks like several simply had the glue give way. I think I can save several just by reapplying glue to the original tack spots. I'm trying to figure out what would give enough grab so I don't need to fixture the boxes while the glue sets up. At the same time I want something that will give me several minutes during which the glue is workable.

I welcome all opinions!

Aha, I was thinking glue stick myself. It doesn't squish out when you press the cardboard. And it's so easy to apply it where you want.

Off topic: I had my first unpleasant experience with a seller. Went to an indoor flea market. Some lady had probably 200 various cartridges of all sorts. I find a CIB copy of Happy Trails, it was mixed in with Atari CIBs, cart/inlay/manual look like they were never touched. Box had surprisingly little shelf wear, seeing as it was just carelessly tossed into plastic totes. It was not labeled with a price. Most of the Atari ones were labeled $15, so I figured I could negotiate. I ask her how much, she says $20 with a total attitude - like very annoyed, and I am utterly baffled as to why. I ask her if they have been cleaned and tested. She gets even more pissy and growls, no as-is. So I quite literally told her she was f'n crazy and the thing was worth $5 untested and getting thrown around like that. It good that's all I said and walked off, that was about to become a "when keeping it real goes horribly wrong" moment for me. People...

$15 is about right for a minty CIB Happy Trails, imho. Flea market people are crazy these days. They all spend like 30 sec searching eBay for highest unsold asking prices and demand it with no negotiation. That is, if you can even find older games anymore. Last flea market I was at (a huge one, btw) didn't even have NES....all snatched up. I found one CIB Pitfall in so so condition for $8, but I already have a dozen or so.

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

$15 is about right for a minty CIB Happy Trails, imho. Flea market people are crazy these days. They all spend like 30 sec searching eBay for highest unsold asking prices and demand it with no negotiation. That is, if you can even find older games anymore. Last flea market I was at (a huge one, btw) didn't even have NES....all snatched up. I found one CIB Pitfall in so so condition for $8, but I already have a dozen or so.

The sad thing is, if she didn't have such an arrogant and aggressive attitude - I would have definitely bought it for $15. Dumb B!t@#, all it takes is the thing to fall and get stepped on and it's worth nothing. I learned a new lesson, if I am going hunting, I will give my 12yo daughter the cash - she could have put on her cute act and got it for $10...

On the upside, I did meet up with a cool guy who had supposedly 90 loose carts at another location. He said he would send me a list, I might be able to barter some of my old HT & A/V equipment that is collecting dust.

glue stick.i would tack as much space as i can though.

So I just ran through the lot with a glue stick and I was able to save about 25 boxes, 5 of which will need to definitely be replaced due to stains etc. The one value in the lot is that they are nearly all CIB, and have very little wear on the carts or inlays or manuals (some look like they were touched only a few times). I feel a lot less like I got scrEwBAYed now. It was actually somewhat fun trying restore the boxes.

Oh, back on topic....try Scotch Double-sided tape. Works great. Glue can be messy and will make the box stiff.

I am going to have to use the tape method on a few of the boxes, the glue gave way the same as the spot that always peeled on the binding of an old schoolbook. Using a glue stick didn't give enough strength in that particular spot, opening the flap just made it pop right off again. I should have dozens of rolls laying around here at work.

I am going to have to use the tape method on a few of the boxes, the glue gave way the same as the spot that always peeled on the binding of an old schoolbook. Using a glue stick didn't give enough strength in that particular spot, opening the flap just made it pop right off again. I should have dozens of rolls laying around here at work.

You will be happy with the tape. Also works with reattaching Coleco labels ;-)