IGNORED

Please increase the size limit for uploads

Omegamatrix

I'm not sure I can do that just yet. Attachements use up a large amount of disk space on the server, and there's potential for quite a bit of additional space to be used each month if I increase the limit. I'd like to push it up to 10MB (or even more), but will need to do some research first. I had plans last year to move AtariAge to a newer server (with more RAM and disk space), but those fell through. I'll look into doing that again.

..Al

I'm not sure I can do that just yet. Attachements use up a large amount of disk space on the server, and there's potential for quite a bit of additional space to be used each month if I increase the limit. I'd like to push it up to 10MB (or even more), but will need to do some research first. I had plans last year to move AtariAge to a newer server (with more RAM and disk space), but those fell through. I'll look into doing that again.

..Al

I see. I was just over the upload size for a compressed excel sheet I was uploaded. I just went searching for a free off-line file site, and I found an easy one right away! You don't have to join, just upload and it sends you a link. So maybe that is the best solution in the meantime. :)

link to the file site I found.

http://www.freefilehosting.net/

How about making it a subscriber perk? Omegamatrix contributes a great deal to the scene. Maybe I could pay for his subscription?

Thanks! I'd somehow feel guilty if I took this charity though. I appreciate the offer though. :)

I agree that 2MB is too low, and one way or another I will increase the size, but I want to be careful that this doesn't result in a sharp increase in how much is being stored for attachments each month. The forum has been running for a long time, and I've never "pruned" attachments to free up space. And I'd prefer to avoid doing that. :)

Alright, just took a look and it seems I can change the upload limit on a group basis, which means I can give Subscribers a larger upload limit. I can't do this on a per-user basis, though. However, I need to modify the PHP configuration, as right now the maximum upload size allowed by PHP is 2MB:

Screen Shot 2013-01-27 at 8.55.15 PM.png

So, let me try changing that first, as that's actually what's limiting the upload size at the moment.

..Al

• Like 1

Well, there's more going on than just changing the PHP limit. I did increase it so Subscribers can upload files up to 20MB in size. However, after about 4MB, the uploads always seem to fail. I may need to modify some Apache settings in order to make this work. Will spend some time on this in a bit, right now I need to finish something else I was working on.

..Al

• 4 weeks later...

Something concerning me here......When I posted my last score snapshot for the 2600 HSC, I was getting the message that I only have 1.15 MB left for overall uploading (not just for one file). We used to have unlimited uploads overall. Has this changed? Do I need to subscribe to AA in order to continue uploading screenshots and pictures? (I would like to subscribe at some point, but finances are really tight presently)

Something concerning me here......When I posted my last score snapshot for the 2600 HSC, I was getting the message that I only have 1.15 MB left for overall uploading (not just for one file). We used to have unlimited uploads overall. Has this changed? Do I need to subscribe to AA in order to continue uploading screenshots and pictures? (I would like to subscribe at some point, but finances are really tight presently)

I didn't intentionally change that, so I'll take a look.

..Al