IGNORED

[Game Suggestion] Wiz-Man for 2600

Justin De Lucia

Some time back I got into a game called Game Center CX 2, a Japanese-only sequel to the DS title Retro Game Challenge. Both of the games feature a number of fictional retro-styled games. One of these featured in the sequel is a maze-based game known as Wiz-Man, which attempts to build upon Pac-Man by giving the character a weapon, in this case a wand, which is used to defeat enemies and collect the gems which come in either red or blue, requiring the wand of the corresponding character to collect.

Since Wiz-Man in itself is like the Pac-Man of an alternative reality, I thought about a version of Wiz-Man with scaled down features that'd be played on an Atari 2600. I even made a mockup label as if Wiz-Man was an arcade original before being ported to the 2600 prior to the events of Game Center CX 2, of which the Wiz-Man in GCCX2 would too be a port of an arcade game.

1090432631-main.jpg

Of course since the Atari 2600 isn't powerful enough to fully represent what was in GCCX2, so I was thinking of the following:

*4, 6, or 8 levels that loop when the last level is beaten, but gets faster after each lap.

*Only two enemies on-screen, both existing in Red (killed by Blue Wand) and Blue (killed by Red Wand) colors. There'd be the Fireball (moves at half the player's speed), the Knight (moves 3/4 of the player's speed), and once the first lap is over, Fireballs are replaced by Mages, which move at the same speed of Fireballs, but can shoot magical halos (stopping in place in the process) that cause Wiz-Man to lose his current wand, unable to attack enemies and collecting the small gams.

*Bonus gems would be featured, but not the items that enemies drop, such as the bonus bells that start a bonus round or the bonus keys/chests on even-numbered levels.

Edited by Justin De Lucia

• 1 month later...