IGNORED

Thread to show your interest in 100% complete ST Amiga format scans

oky2000

I finally acquired a full set after years of searching, the scans would be the same awesome quality as my EDGE scans (around 600dpi).

They will eventually end up free on archive.org website but at only 150dpi and with watermarks (of my ebay ID so they don't get sold on ebay by others).

Also purchased all issues of ACE and nearly all of Atari User which I could re-scan properly if there's enough interest.

Uh.....Let me think...Yeahah :)

So you will be making a 600dpi unwatermarked set for sale?

Yes indeed, I thought it was the best way to add value for people who were willing to pay and at the same time keep a set up for free to prevent them being sold on ebay by others.As long as I recoup some of the money for the mags (I spent about £50 in postage costs alone). I hope this way that the 600dpi scans won't end up on ebay.

I will also include a 600dpi scan of the piggyback memory expansion mod for 512 to 1024kb expansion on original ST and STFM machines without SIMM slots too.

I have managed to get some issues of The One for ST magazine but they are the ones already scanned, but that is my next project probably as ST format is a huge set and they rarely appear on ebay (and when they do they are listed up individually).

Another one that is scanned quite horribly is The Games Machine, have the full set of those so if there is enough interest I could scan those too.

PS Of course I am willing to scan and release magazines for free that have been donated to me, I have some spare time and a scanner sitting idle. I think it's a shame the ST magazines are not even remotely fully archived and it deserves to be done because it was quite a vanguard machine being the first really affordable 16 bit home computer which could do so much more than just play a nice game of Space Harrier :)

Edited by oky2000

Someone has just released some 100-150dpi scans (not to be too harsh but there is a lot of pages scanned crooked and also some issues are in really bad condition) so really it's just a case of does anyone want me to carry on and finish my clean hi-res scans or are you all happy to grab the current ones?

(I am not having a go at the scanner, they're better than the 7 issues missing situation that was the case just a few days ago)