IGNORED

Atari calculator

Skarro

Hey all,

This probably isn't the right forum for this, but was wondering if anyone had come across one of these before:

post-34290-0-29958300-1359406691_thumb.jpg

It's an Atari calculator - the CC190 to be precise. Doesn't seem to be anything too remarkable about it, but I found it in a box of old junk and couldn't even remember owning it before! It doesn't work right now, and the case is a little tricky to open, so I'm not sure I'll bother trying to replace the battery.

For a simple calculator, I do like the colour and styling... goes with the ST/TT angled lines (just to show that this is a vaguely on-topic post :-)

Interesting to see the other home electronic areas Atari was branching out into. Does anyone know if this is rare, or would be worth something?

Cheers!

I think that best electronics have a similar one new in box for less than $20,however it is stated that they all have a faulty IC, so that's probably why yours is dead there was a solar powered one as well. Nice to have though

Edited by mimo

I remember seeing these at the B&C Computervision booth at Classic Gaming Expo. Best Electronics has a page on them in their catalog too and their addendum still shows a few for sale - http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/addendum.htm.

I don't know any history, but given the time, they were likely made to go with their office sales around the time of the Atari PCs or maybe to be sold at the Federated stores that Atari owned for a few years.

Atari licensed their name to a company (Hartech, IIRC) that made calculators back in the late 80s. They even showed up at CES one year. It was just a little extra money maker for the Tramiels at the time. I have one that broke, but it was cool when it was working. :( I changed the battery to no avail though... :_(

I remember seeing one of those at a local drug store back in the late 80's, as well as advertised in Antic. Really wanted one of those but didn't have the $13 it cost. :( Still want one because using a cell phone as a calculator isn't as good...