IGNORED

Atari brand CD drive on ebay

That a really cool prototype. I wish it was in better condition though. It's missing the front plate on the tray.

The one I have actually says "CDAR504", not CDAR500. My local Atari dealership imported them from Canada (I don't know how), but they sold out quickly even at $599.

I wish it was in better condition though. It's missing the front plate on the tray.

I know it is "rare" and "collectible"... but $2K seems a little steep for something that looks like ass.

• paint scratched, chipped and missing from edges (always a good sign on used electronics)
  • dirty/stained, scratched, yellowing/discolored plastic
  • strange dirt/stain patterns on bottom

Are these things anywhere near that valuable for one in this condition to be worth $2K?

Edited by akator

HA HA HA! $2000 for something trashed? If it were MINT in box, maybe 1/10 that price.

For something in that condition, I wouldn't even pay shipping if it were free, and I would decline if it were free with free shipping, as I'd still have to haul it to the curb on trash day.

Agreed, as rare as that drive is that one has a horriblly modded case. That alone ruins the collectability value of it, especially since it doesn't work with ISO formated CD-ROMS (as far as I know). For something useful on the ST you're better off with a SCSI CD-ROM drive, ICD adapter and apporiate drivers.