IGNORED

Lexicors's Phase-4 system

Gunstar

I was reading an article in the January '91 issue of START (Now that I finally have an ST, I can actually use these mags that started coming to me after Antic folded!) about this animation/graphics system/package (Phase-4). In the article, on page 29 under the heading "Hardware," they mention that Lexicor was developing a 24-bit graphics card that plugs into the cartridge port of a ST/Mega/TT computer (this would be VERY cool!), Also that programs like Prismpaint and PrismRender had already been designed to take advantage of it. Did they ever finish/release this product? |:) I hope!

I remember seeing the unit at the CAT-94 Expo (Connecticut Atari Team) and it was rather kludgy and I remember on some Bulletin Boards of people discussing a lot of issue's with the boards, compatibility, the control panel app to enable/control it.

Mario Trans (Trams?) Just did a VME 1024X768 VGA graphics/Ethernet board, its like $149 or $249, you'll have to do some googling.com

Curt

Oh, well. I guess I'm stuck with the graphics I have for now, there are a couple small hacks like the 32k color pallette by adding another video shifter, etc. I guess I'll just focus on CPU, memory and blitter upgrades for now. The VME card won't help me any, I've got a 1040ST, which, obviously, doesn't have a VME slot. I'll just have to save my pennies for a Falcon or Milan TOS computer... :|

I would still be interested in the cart-slot "kludge" upgrade though, since I'd only be using the software with it that Lexicor designed it for...if anyone knows where to get one, let me know.