IGNORED

New game propositions, game gear emulation for Lynx(???)

van_predator

In the last page of the last catalogue that Atari has ever released for the lynx in '94 [http://www.atariage.com/catalog_page.html?CatalogID=72&currentPage=3] we can see a lynx console running Sega's Sonic... what the heck is that!!!!! The screen resolution and brightness looks like lynx! Did they have any plans, code or/and licences for that game? Also, I can recall '93, when I was around 13 (and a happy owner of Lynx:)), that on the english "C&VG" magazine were articles about a Game Gear emulation module for Lynx! Even then it seemed strange to me because of the big differences in design.. was this all a prank from the writters of the magazine?

To the current Lynx developers: If there are any games to be made for Lynx please work a little bit more on the storyline, actions to be done and so on... We all know the graphical capabilities of Lynx, and I'm sure that nobody will be mouth-watered by a Lynx game in the year 03. U must find other elements to develop & integrate instead of just graphics & sound... For example I would love to see a decent rpg with scenario depth, instead of a 3rd class Mario style platform. The Lynx gaming community will not survive by playing recycled ideas. And why is anyone dying to see ports of current games on the Lynx? A company will ask for money to release a licensed title to another company for platform conversion. Why shouldn't the second company keep the money, and invest in further integration of an original idea?

No offence intended.

Excuse me for my bad English, I come from Greece. [/url]

Yes what the heck is that (page 4)?

I would think a game gear emulation is possible on the lynx since it's not fast enough. Maybe with some additional hardware...

I agree and that's why I didn't want to create another clone of Wolf3D etc. I'd like to add some storyline and puzzles to get through the 3d maps.

Of course it's more work and therefore it will take little bit longer...

as i remember it,don thomas or sam or someone said that was a printers

error on that page.too bad!!it looked pretty good too.i have two or three

copies of that catalog and i'm thinking the last copy or two do not have

that there.could be a future lynx collectible!an early copy of a catalog with

a typo!we'll see.sonic for lynx might've been nice to play.other sega stuff

also.lynx up all.comlynx up too.

That is certainly bizarre. It's definitely the original Game Gear Sonic.

The Game Gear has a more narrow screen so even if it were possible to run a Game Gear emulator on the Lynx the graphics would have to be stretched or the game would have big black bars on each side (like when you play a Game Boy game on a GBA).

van_predator, the lawsuit was about Sega using the same controller pinout as some of the Atari systems. If you've ever tried a Sega controller in an Atari 2600, it works... I'm not sure if this was the ONLY thing in the lawsuit, but it basically ended with a deal that Sega was supposed to produce some products/ games/ something like that for the... Jaguar? I'm almost sure that's what it was (but without my trusty video game books here, I can't be positive)

Cos Atari was run by some stuborn people. I think they only cared about the cash and not about sega's software wich might have given the Lynx and Jag a few more popular titles. Now i'm no sega fan (only virtua racing impressed me when it did hit the arcades) , so it wouldn't have worked for me but seeing how much people liked ecco and such they should have used whatever they could use from sega.