IGNORED

You know you collect too much when....

Shephda

My 7800 has one of those buggy on switches that you have work likes it's your girlfriend to get it to turn on. :-)

Well I was looking through a pile on a desk trying to find a lost monitor for my Xbox, lo and behold I find it sitting on a box that holds a 2600 and about 30 games. Inside the box is a 7800 console that I did not know I owned.

Hooked it up and BAM the on switch works like a champ and the system is near flawless. Guess I need to work on my book keeping skills just a tad.

• Like 1

Good topic. I haven't had that particular experience, but I have forgotten to open some parcels until a week or so after they've arrived.

Here's my sign that you're collecting too much: you can tell, within seconds and with 90% certainty, whether there is a rare game mixed into a lot of games from eBay's thumbnail photo. Loose or boxed.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When you say, well I will get only the Parker Brothers releases for Colecovision,

then you start thinking why not to have the others,

then you start thinking in getting the overlays,

then you say why not to get manuals?,

then you believe you should have boxes,

then you see a bump on a label and start thinking in getter a better cartridge :D

then you see a variation label and you think seriously your girlfriend needs a week alone,

and when you less expect it, you're saying "my precious, nobody will separate us" :lol:

I'm kidding :D

Edited by nanochess
  • Like 2

When you say, well I will get only the Parker Brothers releases for Colecovision,

then you start thinking why not to have the others,

then you start thinking in getting the overlays,

then you say why not to get manuals?,

then you believe you should have boxes,

then you see a bump on a label and start thinking in getter a better cartridge :D

then you see a variation label and you think seriously your girlfriend needs a week alone,

and when you less expect it, you're saying "my precious, nobody will separate us" :lol:

I'm kidding :D

Well I bet theres a couple people on here not kidding...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I converted my attic to create just general storage space, this didn't happen, I ended up buying a load of crt's fabricating some furniture and basically set up all my old consoles up there, Now i have an arcade downstairs and consoles upstairs

There's a local shop that carries a ton of classic gaming stuff, but it's mostly NES, SNES, Genesis, PS1, etc. They also give really fair prices if you sell (the guy who owns it does the store as a hobby, so he's fair and only looks to break even). Anyway, you know you collect too much when you go into a store and think "oh man, I really want that!" and then realize you're the one who sold it to them in the first place. :| I've done that in that place a million time, as I am their main provider of oddities.

• Like 2