IGNORED

RXB Games & Programming

Retrospect

Hello you lovely TI99 fanaticals.

I have created this thread specifically for Rich Extended Basic software, games, chat, ideas, and so on.

Here is a new game I made late last night into the early hours of this morning.

It was actually quite nice coding in RXB, I like the way it works.

DOPEWARS.zip

Warning : Please do NOT use this software if you have your kids watching over your shoulder, it has adult content. (only in words)

Dopewars v1.0

You get the idea, you have to make as much money as possible within 31 days on the streets of London.

You start with NO MONEY .... so you better go see that LOAN SHARK hadn't you.

After that, it's pretty much up to you .... but I can give you one tip ... In Lambeth there is a gun shop. That's right. It's there in real life also.

So you better get saving the money you earn and get that gun (and ammo) because then it helps against the police who frequent the streets.

There is a handy "PRICE GUIDE" option 6 in the game, detailing the low prices versus the high prices to give you a helping hand.

Enjoy!

Hiya Retro,

interesting game hehe. Weren't you going to put all of your releases into one thread a while ago? I liked when you started doing that so just thought I'd throw it out to ya :)

I think I probably should do that to be honest. LOL i actually forgot about that.

:)

However, if I make any games that run under Rich Extended BASIC, then I will put them in here so as not to cause any confusion.

Edited by Retrospect

Looks topnotch. Good clean effects. :thumbsup:

5 Loan shark. 3 for $10000. Cash 10000. 3 Taxi. 2 Chinatown. Cash 3337 ?

...... Dafuq ???? I'll look into that, Karsten :?

Edit:

Karsten, it's 9997 .... the 9's do look a little like 3's with this font.

Jesus Christ that would have been one expensive Taxi ride to Chinatown! haha!

I might change the font for version 2.0, as well as stick in some extra features. I've been playing with this concept on other micro's and this is the first time I've done it for the TI99. I tried it in standard TI BASIC but it was a no-go, because I just did not have 20 years to wait for the screen to update with new information.

I may do a compiled version, however the difficulty there is that we cannot have a numerical variable larger than 32767 is it's run through the compiler.. I'll work something out with that one,

Edited by Retrospect
  • Like 1

Dopewars! I had that on my PDA, that was a fun game. Reminds me of the old BBS game I use to play (back in the day) called Tradewars and/or Tradewars 2000.

Thanks for sharing!

-Dano

Yeah Dopewars is a good game. I have written this program in BASIC also for the Commodore C16, C64, C128 ... the ZX Spectrum, the Atari 400, and even an unexpanded Vic-20.

One thing I must do though , is get it so that some times the drug amounts are at zero, for example, no Cocaine in a certain area at a certain time.

I think version 2.0 should have that, and more things to do - such as gambling to get more money.