IGNORED

Walls for Odyssey2

atari2600land

Sorry, I didn't understand what you were trying to say. I know my games are less than spectacular, in fact, like everyone else thinks, perhaps total crap. And I'm sorry to flood the forums with my crap games. But it's not my fault. I want to make better games. I guess I just don't know how.

Edited by atari2600land

I know my games are less than spectacular, in fact, like everyone else thinks, perhaps total crap. And I'm sorry to flood the forums with my crap games. But it's not my fault. I want to make better games. I guess I just don't know how.

I don't think that's at all what theloon was trying to say.

Sorry, I didn't understand what you were trying to say. I know my games are less than spectacular, in fact, like everyone else thinks, perhaps total crap. And I'm sorry to flood the forums with my crap games. But it's not my fault. I want to make better games. I guess I just don't know how.

Whoa there buddy! When I say "less than spectacular results" I mean MY attempt at being encouraging!! - not your games.

You're so hard on yourself that you end up sounding indifferent or even antagonistic to the people who DO appreciate your work. I think you've got balls of steel to explore O2 programming. Diving into assembly for a less popular system of that age is truly inspiring.

OK. I really appreciate the people who like my work. Sorry if I come across that I don't. I guess I'm a perfectionist. Case in point: I found a bug in the title screen in the released Odyssey 2 GoSub that I could have fixed had I known about it, and it makes me cringe every time I see it. I now understand why bB was invented, since I'm having such a hard time with Odyssey 2 assembly.

• Like 1

You better start getting used to being appreciated worldwide, dawg!

http://allgamers.fr/5294/un-nouveau-jeu-de-atari2600land-sur-odyssey-walls/

Switching from another project presumably to avoid fatigue, Chris Read (a.k.a. atari2600land) has launched his latest game - this time on Odyssey ² - entitled Walls.

No information was given except two screenshots and unfortunately we do not have the resources to run the game in order to provide you with more. Game play will be a total surprise to those who download Walls. Improvements are expected to follow and we will keep you informed.

OK... so this has somehow turned into a flame war of some sort. Anyway... I've tried this game too, and I think it's an interesting idea. Actually one that lends itself well to the Odyssey^2's capabilities... what other system lets you put up and tear down walls that quickly?

For all who didn't try it, or didn't come this far... I don't know how exactly to start this game (normally on an Odyssey^2, you would have to type a number key to select your game), but once you've started it, your goal is to put up a wall with the joystick... if you push it up, the wall is on top of the score display, if you push it left, it's to the left of the score display, and so on. The smiley comes flying in from the border, and you have to prevent it from hitting the score display by letting it hit the wall. That's basically it...

As I said, it's a nice idea, but it's a bit monotonous.