IGNORED

Frenzy

SKELETOR68

Yes great game, one of the best for the CV! Way better than Berzerk with the bouncy bullet walls, the fact that you can shoot through some walls, varying enemies & the crazy bonus rooms where you can destroy the 'enemy creator'. Don't have the YourkieVision yet, but that day is fast approaching!

• Like 2

Frenzy is totally awesome. Love the great game-play and bug-free production. It's solid.

I must add that although he left it unpolished/incomplete, Scott Huggins' trequel FRANTIC is just about the most awesome homebrew product I've seen in the modern vaporware department. I stumbled across it recently and wound up playing it more than the 6 new games I ordered from Luc (for now)! It's hard, while at the same time fun, challenging and even adventurous because you have so many objectives on one screen. It'll take you about a dozen plays before you skillfully begin avoiding death.

Man, if Scott ever comes back to the scene, I'd be the first to produce it. I've even been conceiving a box!

• Like 3

Frenzy is one of the best arcade translations ever programmed for the CV along with Galaxian... hands down. Terrific game and very challenging.

Frantic is an incredible game as Phatty has stated and while there are some bugs, it plays incredibly well. Hopefully one day it will be revisited by it's author or perhaps another CV Homebrewer... if they can acquire the source code.

If you don't have the Frantic rom, do yourself a favor and use the SEARCH function to find it!

• Like 2

Was voice synthesis not achievable on original Colecovision hardware?

The CV is capable of voice synthesis without any special hardware as can be seen, err heard, in games such as Sewer Sam, Squish'Em, Side Trak and NewColeco's upcoming game Flora and the Ghost Mirror. There are other examples and freely available rom image demos as well.

The CV is capable of voice synthesis without any special hardware as can be seen, err heard, in games such as Sewer Sam, Squish'Em, Side Trak and NewColeco's upcoming game Flora and the Ghost Mirror. There are other examples and freely available rom image demos as well.

I stand corrected.

I honestly like the spooky ColecoVision soundtrack for Frenzy better anyhow. If I want voices, I play 5200 Berzerk, which is cool too, and also a very good port.

Correct, but you neglected to mention that the rest of the game has to be frozen while the voice samples are played. The CV's CPU is not fast enough to handle everything. :)

• Like 1

Probably my favorite game for the Colecovision next to 2010!

I always preferred Frenzy over Berzerk in the arcades. Frenzy didn't really get the attention as Berzerk did, so it's somewhat rare. Thanks to Colecovision (and their prowess for

bringing the rarer arcade games home), I get to play a wonderful rendition!

I love Frenzy! Best game for the CV, in my opinion, because it is never the same game twice. You can't memorize moves or patterns, because it's never the same.

I'm old enough, that when it came out in the early 80's, I worked 11-7's, and we had a CV in the break room. My boss and I would play sometimes for 3 or 4 hours straight...when it was real quiet! My boss, now retired, just turned 70, and he still asks me about Frenzy, and remembers the fun times we had playing it, when we should have been doing our work!!

As for the music, the Frenzy music is currently my ringtone on my phone. I get more stares from people, and more questions from people asking me what the music is.

• Like 2