IGNORED

Time Pilot Bug

acelkin

I just got finished with a game of Time Pilot. I was on the second level/1940. Apparently I crashed into the last enemy needed for the 'boss' red plane to come out. Except it never did. I was completely stuck on the level. The blue bonus jet wouldn't re-appear either. I racked up quite a few points hitting the formation & getting the parachute dude. Anyone else encounter this? Probably a known-bug but I didn't find anything here on the forums about it.

Kind of on topic, at least somewhat related to the bug you describe, this cartridge was & still is among my personal favorites to play on the Coleco Vision and one technique that I sometimes implement in my game play is that if I am under serious enemy fire towards the end of a stage, and I am about to be shot down anyway, I will purposefully crash into the boss plane. Yes, it results in losing your plane, but it also takes out the boss and at least gets you to the next level.

This technique requires somewhat precise timing, but is not all that difficult to achieve. What you describe sounds like a much more difficult thing to "plan", and may be an extremely rare event that is not easy to replicate on demand.

Edited by Supergun