IGNORED

Koffi: Yellow Kopter update again

Cafeman

http://cafeman.www9.50megs.com/atari/5200d...offiKopter.html

I estimate that Koffi: Yellow Kopter is 50% done.

The engine seems to work fine so far. I still have work to do in the area of falling raindrops (missiles), an on-screen water indicator, and designing a few more stages, but I feel I know how to do these things and they shouldn't take as long to do as the first half of the game took.

The biggest unknown right now for me: sound and music. I have downloaded and bookmarked several places to read up on this, from the AtariArchives to stuff Heaven mentioned to OldGuru's examples. Koffi has absolutely no sound yet, and I'm sure my first attempts at FX will suck, so I'll need to re-do them over & over until I learn what sounds good.

I wanted to get a few more things done and then release a limited ROM of koffi to everyone here; however, I still don't quite feel right about one or two things, and it looks like this is the farthest I'll get for this month.

Anyway, please check out the update posted above! Man, this "koffi" project is dragging on longer than I figured! I think Koffi will be done by May 2002. I THINK.