IGNORED

Help me identify SC1224

adolobe

I have 3 SC1224 and all 3 of them are different. I tried looking online for a photo of which model is by which manufacture or a comparison list. Found a bunch of contradicting information.

One says Made in Japan with detachable power and monitor cable, im assuming JVC model

One doesn't say where it was made, Square box shape with attached power and monitor cable Also has 3 whole on back with internal nobs to adjust screen

Third one Made in Korea, detachable power but not monitor, has 5 holes on back with internal screen adjust knobs.

Can anyone tell me which manufacture each monitor is and out of the 3 which is the best one to keep.

I have 3 SC1224 and all 3 of them are different. I tried looking online for a photo of which model is by which manufacture or a comparison list. Found a bunch of contradicting information.

One says Made in Japan with detachable power and monitor cable, im assuming JVC model

One doesn't say where it was made, Square box shape with attached power and monitor cable Also has 3 whole on back with internal nobs to adjust screen

Third one Made in Korea, detachable power but not monitor, has 5 holes on back with internal screen adjust knobs.

Can anyone tell me which manufacture each monitor is and out of the 3 which is the best one to keep.

Of course, this has been brought up before. Here's a couple of my posts:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161317-wanted-atari-sc1224-monitor/?do=findComment&comment=1986327

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/181692-atari-sc1224-monitor/?do=findComment&comment=2276767

The 1st with darker bezel and detachable monitor cable is the JVC model.

The last, Korean made model, is a Goldstar.

IMO both these are about equal. The JVC model has a slightly sharper picture and is better for medium rez.

The Goldstar is my favorite for low-rez games. I think the colors are more pleasing than the JVC.

You can't go wrong with either. Both are great monitors. Both easily can switch to 50 or 60 Hz. Making gaming easy.

I think the Goldstar model doesn't drop the picture down as low as the JVC model does when switching form 60 to 50Hz.

I don't know much about the other type, I think that was the last version made.

Edited by Official Ninja

Mine has no detachable cables too but has 5 or 6 recessed pots not 3 to adjust the picture. Does not have V-pos though.

The 1985 pre SC1224 Thomson colour monitors are my favourite but far superior to ALL monitors sold for ST, AMIGA, C64/128 or Acorn machines was the 14" RGB SCART Sony KV-M14/M14U/M14TU TVs and the M14U with remote was less than £200 so in the UK why would you NOT get superior technology ;)

The Goldstar isn't too bad, I have a few but only one works. Others have died. It's has a good sharp pic and its a robust monitor.

My first experience to this model was not good. I had a degaussing issue with it in 1986. I bought a 520ST system and this monitor has coloring in the corner. Took it back like 3 times and all had that problem! Wasn't happy. Wonder what caused that, night of been something I was doing when I had possession of it. Ended up returning the whole system for an Amiga 1000!