IGNORED

Canadian Broadcasting Corporation - Intellivision Story

Off topic, but speaking CBC, i grew up watching CBC since i lived in the Detroit area. Always thought it was cool watching the Canadian Channel. It had some shows that were so unique. Starting with my childhood i'd watch The Friendly Giant & Mr. Dress Up. Then classic comedy shows like Mr. Bean and Kids in the Hall. And before it became more mainstream it was the only way to catch a good Hockey game and watch the Stanley Cup. Who can forget Don Cherry talking about Hockey. I'm sure there was more shows i would watch but can't remember them all anymore.

Off topic, but speaking CBC, i grew up watching CBC since i lived in the Detroit area. Always thought it was cool watching the Canadian Channel. It had some shows that were so unique. Starting with my childhood i'd watch The Friendly Giant & Mr. Dress Up. Then classic comedy shows like Mr. Bean and Kids in the Hall.

Most people don't know this about me, but I secretly LOVE Canadian humor and sketch comedy :lolblue:

TPB & THITH stubs

I watched The Kids in the Hall religiously on HBO back in the late 80s/early 90s and managed to see them live for their 2008 North American Tour.

I only discovered the Trailer Park Boys about a couple of years ago and watched all 7 Seasons over the course of a few months. I got to see them live in 2011.

• Like 1

Most people don't know this about me, but I secretly LOVE Canadian humor and sketch comedy :lolblue:

I only discovered the Trailer Park Boys about a couple of years ago and watched all 7 Seasons over the course of a few months. I got to see them live in 2011.

Bubbles rules!

post-25458-0-09957300-1361501996_thumb.jpg

Need two posts... :mad:

I got a cold call from the CBC regarding Atari going out of business.....apparently my name was associated with the Hamilton Burlington Oakville Atari Users Group....but he called my cell phone....anyhow, I mentioned that I made Intellivision games, and he ditched the article on Atari and went with my company.

Lots of negative comments, but more positive ones.

• Like 1

I got a cold call from the CBC regarding Atari going out of business.....apparently my name was associated with the Hamilton Burlington Oakville Atari Users Group....but he called my cell phone....anyhow, I mentioned that I made Intellivision games, and he ditched the article on Atari and went with my company.

Lots of negative comments, but more positive ones.

Negative comments?!?! WTF? I guess I need to go check the article again. You know where you will get positive comments? Here. :)

In the comments section, some people were less than supportive....

Mostly positive comments though.....

I read some of those negative comments and they are pointless. These people obviously don't know anything and are talking out of their a&&... the positive comments speak for themselves!

• Like 1

In the comments section, some people were less than supportive....

Mostly positive comments though.....

I think it's great that you are doing something you love to do. I have found that once you publicly take a position on something (like taking a hobby and making it a job) you will always have people that don't get it. Normally those people have never went out on a limb and tried something themselves. Of course because they would never do what you are doing, it must be stupid (at least that is how they see it). No matter what you do, you will never (and I mean never) please everybody. That is just the way it is, and of course the internet just amplifies it. Stick to it, you have already shown the naysayers it can be done (they just don't like the fact that you have shown them that). ;)

Edited by pboland

Thanks for the kind words. It really is frightening sometimes.....but fun......but I think with the titles coming out this year that I can make it work out.....certainly, the amount of time I have poured into this in the last year have not made it a part time job. But, now everything is set in place....the box printer, the overlay printer, stickers printer, manual printer...resident graphic artist....the look of our brand is set.....some may not have seen the horrific box design that was produced by my first graphic designer.....I knew what I wanted, but couldn't get Illustrator to do it......it was a joke.....lots of stress.....but worth it.