IGNORED

WTB: Atari 2600 Jr.

tisaperfectdayelise

I'm looking to purchase a used 2600 Jr. model. I'd like one in nice cosmetic and working condition, as it's going to be used regularly. I only have a heavy sixer these days, and it that deep, recessed cartridge slot doesn't seem to like a lot of newer cartridges (looking at YOU Defender II!) or some of the M Network carts. The 7800 creates a fit that's too tight for my comfort...

The Junior is a cool little system, but keep in mind that it does suffer from some of the same problems as the 7800 (incompatibilities with certain titles, and certain cartridges being a very tight fit). Since you already have a 6-switch this might not bother you, but if you're looking for a system with near 100% compatibility, you might want to look into getting a 4-switch model.

I've never encountered a problem with tight fitting cartridges in my junior, though I don't own them all so I guess it's possible.

There aren't very many, but there are definitely some. Spy Hunter, Tapper, and Tax Avoiders (all of which are in Sega handle-type cartridge shells) are a very tight fit on my Junior. Spy Hunter is particularly bad...I really have to ram it in there to get it to work. Telesys handle-type cartridges are a tight fit as well.

And as one might expect, my Junior exhibits graphical glitches with the usual suspects (Cosmic Ark, Thunderground, etc).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking to purchase a used 2600 Jr. model. I'd like one in nice cosmetic and working condition, as it's going to be used regularly. I only have a heavy sixer these days, and it that deep, recessed cartridge slot doesn't seem to like a lot of newer cartridges (looking at YOU Defender II!) or some of the M Network carts. The 7800 creates a fit that's too tight for my comfort...Anyway...

I figured I'd go this route, before looking at eBay. If it came with a box, that'd be super cool (!!), but that isn't necessary. I would like a power adapter and Atari branded cable, if possible. I've got the switchbox covered.

Many Thanks!

P.S. Please don't rip me off.

LOL