IGNORED

where can you get pads?

Nall3k

Yes, they will. And they're highly recommended. You can use other pads with nine pin plugs (see Genesis) but they will not return the two unique button signals for 7800 games that use both. The Atari made pads will. Many sellers from Europe have these available.

Yiddel on eBay sells the 7800 pads. He is a great seller. Mine arrived brand new. He raised his prices a little, but his price is still cheap. Here is one of his old auctions. Email him and I am sure he will happy to relist the item for you. He lives in Germany, but when I bought from him my 7800 pads arrived in less than a week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3006967273

Yes, they will.  And they're highly recommended.  You can use other pads with nine pin plugs (see Genesis) but they will not return the two unique button signals for 7800 games that use both.  The Atari made pads will.  Many sellers from Europe have these available.

Isn't it possible to modify it so it will return the 2 unique button signals? If there is a mod(the one I saw required you to have a pad, there's gotta be a way to do it without needing anything but the genesis controller), I'd be very interested in doing it, because I just got a 7800.

Isn't it possible to modify it so it will return the 2 unique button signals? If there is a mod(the one I saw required you to have a pad, there's gotta be a way to do it without needing anything but the genesis controller), I'd be very interested in doing it

There's something about it in the FAQ on this site, but when I followed the link it there was a list of parts but no diagram. If anyone has complete instructions, I'd really like to see them (it shames me to say it, but I've gotten so used to the pad layout and have some Genesis controllers I picked up for $2/pop at Toys R Us about a year ago).