IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.23 ~ Popeye

Vocelli

After watching oyama's video my tip is: punch those bottles, not only for points but to practice punching bottles. You can punch a bit early. Punching bottles is very important when you start all levels again.

Def. That's what killed me the second loop. Wasn't expecting them to go so damn fast. The speed increase is probably a little unfair for only the second time through, half of that would have sufficed!

got to the third time around! On the 2nd time through, the bottles slow down again on the last screen, strange.

I noticed that after getting used to it, the fast bottles are a bit easier, because I can punch earlier. The only exception is when a bottle flies from one direction, and then Brutus starts firing them from close by in the other direction! I've only survived about half of those.

• Like 2

Yeah, the mechanics are tricky. I agree the faster bottles are easier.

got to the third time around! On the 2nd time through, the bottles slow down again on the last screen, strange.

I noticed that after getting used to it, the fast bottles are a bit easier, because I can punch earlier. The only exception is when a bottle flies from one direction, and then Brutus starts firing them from close by in the other direction! I've only survived about half of those.

Picture taken. I'll upload by tomorrow if I can't manage to beat that score. Pretty happy with it. Got almost through the second loop! It's challenging once you get the patterns down, but punching the bottles, DO IT, I got a lot of points that way. You get 100 per bottle. Also, I try to use the spinach about mid-way through each level. By that time Bluto has usually caught up to you enough that you're starting to get your objects lower on the screen. Wait until you have one at the top, then hit the spinach. Kill Bluto, go up, collect those objects hanging around. You'll get MAD points because you're in spinach mode. Also, each level has something of a pattern, staying near the top enables you to get more points per object, obviously, but there's a little trick to learning how to move and when based on enemy movements. Well, Bluto anyway. Sea Hag's bottles are easy, they come in whatever direction you're facing as soon as you get an object, provided you're not more than about halfway towards the side you're facing, then it will come from the opposite side. The only exception to this is no bottles will be tossed if Bluto is tossing his.

• Like 1

TWIN GALAXIES TOP 3 for Popeye (Game 1, Difficulty B, 2600 VCS Real Hardware):

805,750 - Todd Rogers

125,100 - Christian Keilback

45,650 - James Carter

Since the scoreboard on Twin Galaxies Website is back, I started seeing the scores and making these notes.

Wow, then I would be in second place! Very nice!

And for Intellivision I would be in first place!

Hey, sorry man, not that it makes a difference, but I forgot what my score was. It was actually lower, as pictured below.

Sorry, my bad. Also, WARNING. This game DOES IN FACT HAVE A CHEAT GLITCH IN IT!!!! I did this completely by accident as I was playing a few minutes ago. Not entirely sure what I did either. As far as I remember, this is how it went down. I was playing first loop, first level. I was about to get the last heart in the second to last row at the bottom. Died touching Bluto. Came back to life, immediately grabbed the spinach. Killed Bluto. BOOM. Points went from around 9560 to 115758!!! So, there IS in fact a high-point glitch in this game, but I have no clue how I did it. I'll try to see if I can do it again and snap a pic of it.

post-22322-0-57162800-1362371384_thumb.jpg