IGNORED

Sealing 2600 games in plastic?

King Atari

I like the bags that I ship my carts in that people buy from me, I use them for my own carts as well. Sorry I don't have a pic right now but you can get them at Michael's (arts & craft store) and they fit carts perfectly.

If you're worried about condensation etc. you can get small silicon packages for pretty cheap and put them in the bag with the cart.

These bags are awesome!! I use them for all my rare carts. I'm not sure of the long-term affects. I would think that they're pretty safe. I figure that most carts after 20+ years have seen everything, a bag shouldn't hurt them. I do worry about condensation and moisture though.

I also use these bags for storing my rare carts and have been using them for at least three years now. Since they were designed for storing (in this case) paperback novels, I would assume they are pretty safe. They are also made from a pretty thick 2.5 mil plastic, which protects carts pretty well if you (*ahem*) drop them while in the bag. These bags are very well suited for 2600, 5200, 7800, and ColecoVision carts. I have smaller bags I use with Commodore 64, Atari 8-bit and Intellivision carts. I'll have to order a supply of those and add them to the store. :)

..Al

Those bags look good, but it would be quicker for me to take the 5 minute drive to the comic shop and get some comic protectors. If I cut these and sealed carts in them, would the carts be fine? I keep these in the same cabinet as many of my VHS tapes, so I don't worry about condensation too much (especially when I've had VHS tapes reshrinkwrapped).

Those bags look good, but it would be quicker for me to take the 5 minute drive to the comic shop and get some comic protectors.

Not a hell of a lot quicker. Somehow, my AA orders always show up on my doorstep two days or three days tops after I submit the darned thing.

I did a little research on preservation once, and it's my understanding that regular comic type bags will yellow after some years and when yellowed, will not protect well and can even damage the label/manual they are protecting. So replace them if they ever start to yellow or show signs of aging. I read that mylar is the best protection but it is quite a bit more expensive.

-Paul