IGNORED

Pedal alternative for the Wheel

Sektor

I was sick of pushing the pedal, I could have put a brick on it but I just happened to have a wired remote from a Beta VCR with the same plug. I can set the switch to Rec/Play for accelerating or Pause/Still to slow down :P

yfOdDWA.jpg

I think a retro remote goes well with a retro system.

Edited by Sektor
  • Like 2

NOW THAT IS THINKING COMPLETELY OUT OF THE BOX! :thumbsup: BTW, how many hands do you have because you would need 1 for the Steering Wheel, 1 for the Controller Gear shift and then one for the Gas Pedal swicth? ;)

The pedal is simply an On/Off Switch, so it makes sense that there would be a lot of replacement options that would plug into the EM#02 immediately and many others that could be easily modded with the proper jack connector. What might be interesting is to install a Gas Pedal switch in the EM#2 to eliminate the need for the external pedal/switch. It would just require some well planned thought as to where to place it so as to be in a convenient place that does not make using it difficult.

I tend to accellerate all the time, so didn't really need a third hand but the cable is long enough on that remote to run it next door (it's also better constructed than my Pedal cable that sometimes needs some jiggling to work, I'll have to put a new plug on it soon). I only have Turbo to test it out, maybe the other driving game requires more slow downs. I'm bad at Turbo whatever method I use.

Edited by Sektor

It is neat little trick that you were able to accomplish, however I believe I would rather have the foot pedal instead of trying to push that while I steer and shift gears.

Even if you go full speed all the time you still have to hit the button in the beginning and probably when you crash too right?

Is it just one push of the button and you are full speed or do you have to push that button several times to get it up to full speed?

I would assume the remote he is using is a two-way switch, so slide the switch up to Rec/Play and the function acts like the gas pedal is pressed down indefinetly or always ON and then slide the switch down to Pause/Still and the function acts like the gas pedal is released (take your foot off of it) or OFF.