IGNORED

HELP! Trouble creating account for AA Store

Gateway

I'm trying to create a new account for the AA store, but after I fill out all the required lines I click continue but It says:

ERROR: Please select a "Country" or something.

I live in the U.S. and "United States was preselected so I left that alone but it didn't like it.

I even selected a different country and then picked "United States" again but it still gives me the same error!

Did I do something wrong?

Also, I need to find out if you accept checks as an option for payment. I hope you do.

Thanks.

I just successfully created an account, and I didn't touch the Country field. Can you tell me what web browser and operating system you are using? Also, can you try deleting all cookies that have "atariage" as part of the cookie name? The store cookies should be from "www.atariage.com". And if that fails, can you try a different browser?

And yes, we do take checks although we wait for them to clear before sending your package.

..Al

Okay, I logged out, exitted out of AA and deleted all the temp Internet files and cookies in that folder.

Then I came back in and opened up AA again and went srtaight to the store and reentered all the data in the required fields.

When I push "CONTINUE" Everything works except it says: Alert! There were errors encountered with your form!

"Country" must be selected.

Even when I selected a different country than the U.S. it still didn't accept it! :?

I'm using a DSL line on Netscape 6 with Windows ME. This is my roomate's computer. Have you had problems in the past with Netscape or ME?

I'll have to try again on my parent's computer tomorrow. They have MSN and I believe it's Windows 98.

I'll post again after that what results I get. Feel free to post any more suggestions you may have to resolve this.

Thanks!

:)

I would first try downloading a newer version of Netscape.  Netscape 6 had all sorts of wonderful problems.  I highly suggest replacing it with Netscape 7, or perhaps Mozilla, which is what Netscape is based on and Mozilla is always slightly ahead of it.  Have you not tried Internet Explorer in Windows ME?  

..Al

Thanks Al! I'll try MSN and/or Internet Explorer tomorrow at my parent's house and hopefully that will help. I'll also take a look at Mozilla!

I feel somewhat out of the loop since I don't recognize some of these names of internet software. I've only been using the internet for a short time( several months ). It's time for me to get up to speed! :)

Now, if I could just understand what I'm looking at when I read 6502 code! :P

Yes, Netscape 6 is like sticking your tounge in an electrical outlet..

LOL! :D

deleted

Thomas, Were you about to make a similiar comment, but decided to hold your "tongue"? :D :wink: Err.. I mean refrain from typing?

:)

Thanks all!

I'm in! :) I successfully created an account using MSN Internet Explorer from my parent's computer when I was over there yesterday.

Netscape is not gonna do it. Oh well.

BTW: What happened to the store listings for Euchre, Kablamo!, etc. ? Are these now available to buy or has there been a chamge of plans? Inventory for Philly classic perhaps?

Thanks for everyone's help! 8)

I'm in!  :)  I successfully created an account using MSN Internet Explorer from my parent's computer when I was over there yesterday.

Great, I'm glad you were able to create an account. :)

Netscape is not gonna do it. Oh well.

Did you try installing the latest version of Netscape? We have learned that the problem you were having is specific to the version of Netscape you were using (a problem with Netscape's Javascript functionality).

BTW: What happened to the store listings for Euchre, Kablamo!, etc. ? Are these now available to buy or has there been a chamge of plans? Inventory for Philly classic perhaps?

The manuals for these games are still being worked on, and the store automatically hides them if they "slip" past their release date. I will be adding INV and Oystron for sale later today (just need to finish taking picturs). Euchre will be Very Soon and Kablamo! hopefully not too long after that. Manuals are also being worked on for X3V0LuX and Space Treat.

We will have all these titles and more at PhillyClassic. :)

..Al