IGNORED

The NEW High Score Club 1.24 ~ No Escape

Vocelli

This is Week 24

ALL POINTS ARE DOUBLED THE LAST 3 WEEKS! So it will be scored 30-28-26-24 and so on!

(This will, most likely, be the norm for every season.)

No Escape

Jason has taken the Golden Fleece! The gods of Olympus are not pleased. They wish to test this proud mortal. Jason wakes to find himself imprisoned in the Temple of Aphrodite! Frenzied Furies flash overhead. Armed only with stones he finds on the Temple floor, the resourceful Jason must pit his wiles against there cunning menaces!

The gods think Jason is doomed. But Aphrodite dislikes having her sacred Temple used as a prison. She secretly aids Jason by giving him great strength. Each stone Jason throws can now reach the roof of the Temple and Knock a brick free. These sacred bricks destroy any Fury they strike!

"But beware, proud mortal!" the goddess warns. "Should your aim fail and a stone strike a Fury directly, he will divide and become doubly dangerous!"

Game 1- Regular Game

Game Difficulty- Default

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone else. The deadline for posting scores is Midnight, March 10, 2013.

BONUS:

This will be the bonus the last 3 weeks:

If the rankings change so will the people involved in the bonus.

(6 possible bonus points for most people)

~ Beat Gorfy and get 3 bonus points

~ Beat Liduario and get 2 bonus points

~ Beat Vocelli and get 1 bonus point

~ If Gorfy gets 1st (first), he gets an additional 3 points plus 3 for beating Liduario and Vocelli or 6 points

~ If Liduario gets 1st (first), he gets an additional 2 points plus the 4 for beating Gorfy and Vocelli or 6pts

~ If Vocelli gets 1st (first), he gets an additional 1 point plus 5 for beating Gorfy and Liduario or 6 points.

No Escape Scores ~ Final Standings!

7701 - Vocelli (+30) (+6)~~ Beat ME for 1 bonus point

6868 - Stan (+28) (+5)

6269 - Liduario (+26) (+3)~ ~ Beat ME for 2 bonus points

5853 - S.BAZ (+24) (+3)

5654 - Gorfy (+22) ~~ Beat ME for 3 bonus points

5560 - Zoyx (+20)

5522 - Shadow460 (+18)

5516 - Scrabbler15 (+16)

5468 - NIKON (+14)

4848 - Red Tide (+12)

4192 - Northcoastgamer (+10)

4186 - DT Kofoed (+ 8)

4122 - Oyamafamily (+6)

3276 - DarthKur (+2)

2833 - Roadrunner (+4)

1500 - Jblenkle (+2)

Overall Rankings through Popeye

1. Gorfy 293

2. Liduario 268

3. Vocelli 241

4. Oyamafamily 227

4. Stan 227

6. Scrabbler15 224

7. Deteacher 167

8. NIKON 143

9. S.BAZ 120

10. Roadrunner 111

11. Northcoastgamer 109

12. gamerguy 105

13. Classicgamer27330 89

14. RedTide 72

15. Darthkur 68

16. Toymailman 65

17. Gamer_X 55

18. Larcen Tyler 53

19. Mister VCS 45

20. Shadow460 42

21. Mingy Jongo 37

22. JacobZu7Zu7 28

23. gavv 26

24. CraftsmanMIKE 22

25. Amstari 20

26. Zoyx 17

27. Homerwannabee 16

28. Chuck D. Head 14

29. skosh 13

30. Wickeycolumbus 11

31. Pressurecooker2600 10

32. Zer0Soul 9

32. W.Lefeavers 9

34. Keilbaca 6

34. sdamon 6

34. Random Terrain 6

37. AtariUCLA24 5

37. Cortat G 5

39. Hatefulgravey 3

39. BubsytheBobcat 3

39. hatNJ 3

42. DTKofoed 2

42. Atarifever 2

42. Vonthedestroyer 2

45. pis 1

45. Miss2600 1

45. exo 1

45. cparsley 1

45. Pingvinbluejeans 1

Week 25-26 = Anything Goes.

We will Crown our winner after week 26!

THEN there will be a special challenge awaiting our players while we prepare for another GREAT HSC Season. Stay tuned for details about what may be ahead!

Edited by Vocelli

Disregard any record by Todd Rogers

Firebrandx said:

...we discovered a lot of the records from the '80s were bogus because video proof was not required back then. The worst was "Mr. Activision" (aka Todd Rogers), where I and several others were able to prepare a case and conclusively prove Todd had been completely fabricating world records for various Atari games. To name a few:

Barnstorming (2600): Todd's record, which stood for many years, was proven to be impossible once we broke down the game code and stripped the stage of any obstacles. With the stage completely blank, flying a straight line to the finish was slower than Todd's record. When we presented this evidence, we were attacked by fans and supporters of Todd, and eventually an excuse was cooked up that I lovingly refer to as "the coffee stain excuse". Yes, after being attacked and told we were clueless about how good Todd was, one of the referees covered for him and claimed the 'document' detailing his record had a coffee stain on the part where the record time was listed. Instead of throwing the record out and forcing Todd to do a legit one on video tape, they just simply adjusted the record to be MAYBE possible by adding a half-second to the time.

Sky Jinx (2600): Todd's record time for this game also proved to be bogus, and I showed how it was physically impossible when a modified version of the stage that required only 10 banks instead of 16 showed the plane always came in slower than Todd's record.

Donkey Kong (2600): Todd's record was entered as 15 million. I immediately suspected it was bogus, since the best results from professionals at the game were well under 1 million. I protested the record and Toddclaimed there were full video tapes documenting the marathon session. One of the refs (the same one that came up with the coffee stain excuse) claimed indeed there was a set of tapes. I asked one of the lead referees to investigate and verify these supposed tapes of the records. After several months, the lead ref concluded the tapes never existed and removed Todd's record from the database.

Edited by NIKON
  • Like 1

I like this bonus points. It puts some pressure upon us!

During all this season you were very imaginative with bonus points. :thumbsup: And it's not an easy thing to do.

And double points for all three last games! :-D

It's good to keep interest to everyone. |:)

Now I can't wait to play this game. I never tried this game before!

OK home stretch! Good ideas Vocelli !! I gotta say this has been really fun. No escape is a new one for me, so I'll have to skip going to the arcade this week. (well maybe I'll go once or twice) ...

HOORAY !! I made it into the top ten! This was my goal, since I joined halfway through the season

Just to let everyone know.

The left over bricks are worth more and more as you clear more boards.

Once you clear so many boards the amount the bricks are worth JUMPS by a huge amount.

That is why you may see scores under 8K for many people then a HUGE amount for the LUCKY few.

How do I know this?

I kept my score sheets from 30 years ago. My two high scores are over 100K. But my next 23 scores are under 10K...

I was geeky like that. I kept score sheets on over 30 games.

• Like 1

been away for too long... first go: 1996.

Had thus in my collection for some time, but never gave it much play. Going to fix that oversight now!

UPDATE: better score: 4040

anyone know what those things after the centaurs are supposed to be?

Edited by DT Kofoed
  • Like 2

Out again this week :( no cart :mad: :mad: ! So I've been using the time to cruse around the AA site and I see some stuff for sale here and there. If anyone has/wants to take the time to PM me on how to post things for sale. I have an overflow of hardware that I don't want to list on sLeezebay. Also was wondering if the HSC season is preset, as in could or is there a game list that is posted at the start, or is part of the challenge having/chasing down a cart in time?