IGNORED

Atari 2600 Game By Game Podcast

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Started listening to the podcast 4 days ago. I'm currently on episode 24 and I have really been enjoying it. I listen to quite a few podcasts every week usually, but now just this one and the retro league. I enjoy the format of a single host as this is the way I would do it, and I think it stays more focused. I'm surprised it's taken me so long to start listening to a podcast about the 2600. I really have enjoyed each episode, even the ones that have games that ferg doesn't like. Great job! Please keep the podcasts coming. Especially because I'll be caught up in a few weeks. I hope to contribute some stories and current thoughts about the games as I play the games discussed each week on the podcast . My kids are huge Atari fans. My 9 year old daughter was so proud to be able to speak about it in school when it was discussed by her teacher in her history class. I think she was the only one who could speak from actual experience. I own quite a few gaming consoles and the Atari 2600 is the one my 3 kids want to play the most. Thanks for putting so much time into creating each episode.

Edited by adamchevy
  • Like 3

Thank you so much for the kind words. I have been on a semi-hiatus this summer but I hope to get back to regular shows every two weeks very soon. Thanks for listening. :)

Everyone deserves some time away. Do you have a patreon set up for your podcast? If not, you should!

• Like 1

Everyone deserves some time away. Do you have a patreon set up for your podcast? If not, you should!

I don't, I just have a donation button on my blog page. Patreon implies exclusive content to me, and I would rather not do that. I have a hard enough time getting regular episodes out! :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

That "Patience" song is really creepy. Don't ever play that again. heh.Or at least set it to 45 instead of 33.

Vinyl music that's slowed down(or sounds slowed down) always creeped me out since I was a kid. And for some reason I tie it in with 1970s horror.

Dolly Parton's "Jolene" song slowed down sounds fine, probably because the pitch doesn't sound unnatural. That patience song is a different story.

Okay, wow, I'm listening to the song clips and wow is it dated sounding, even for 1983's cartridge release date.

Well, they were 6 years old already in 1983. If I remember right, the snail's dad or something sings after, and his voice is even deeper than the snail's, whose name is escaping me. That's why I slowed down the Conductor at the end; it was creepy to begin with, but even creepier when I slowed it down. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I wonder how many listeners thought "why did Ferg play that music after he said 'What's Happening?"

That was my favorite part of the podcast, since it was so unexpected. I once did it when I described some computer hardware where I said "Transformer", so I played the classic transforming sound in the background.

• Like 1