IGNORED

Navarone Cartridge Expander

Manic1975

Black unboxed = $36.31 + Shipping 13.04 (unpackaged so no import fees)...total $49.35

Silver boxed = $51.94 + Shipping 29.25 ($13.95 Import fee (what happened to "free trade"???))...total $95.14 (!)

I have the boxed one with the Silver Picture... i have three of these and all with the Silver model on the front of the box... but into the boxes there are the classic black versions.

I have the boxed one with the Silver Picture... i have three of these and all with the Silver model on the front of the box... but into the boxes there are the classic black versions.

Good to know! Guess I'll save myself $45 then!

Thanks for the heads up.

I wonder if the ever made the silver one?

I see that almost 2 years ago I said I would post pictures of both sides of my Navarone Widgit [sic]. If anyone is interested in those pictures, I really will post them!

...lee

Would be nice to see it before I buy one...

although I'll still buy one...way too many bad GROM port memories. (funny how I can remember things from the early 80's like they happened yesterday, but if you ask me what I was doing 15 minutes ago, I couldn't tell you!)

Would be nice to see it before I buy one...

although I'll still buy one...way too many bad GROM port memories. (funny how I can remember things from the early 80's like they happened yesterday, but if you ask me what I was doing 15 minutes ago, I couldn't tell you!)

Here ya go—

post-29677-0-92576800-1418667543_thumb.gif post-29677-0-89683300-1418667535_thumb.gif

...lee

Geez, for the price of parts it would probably be easier (and WAY cheaper) just to build one...it would just be missing the case!

Actually, this was the original design (or close to it) and only had a plastic cover hot-glued to the bottom of the board. The top was entirely exposed.

...lee

What's intriguing to me is the multi-base mod for the cart expander, the schematics for which can be found on Thierry's (newly restored) site. I'd love to build one of those someday, and perhaps build one entirely from scratch so I can have even more carts pluged in, and all accessible through the TI's menu! Has anyone built the multi-base cart expander?

I just used a Granulator and Gram Cracker.

They were extremely reliable and with a SCSI card much more convenient than attempting to find a cart in a box.

I liked my PGRAM but it is so buggy in comparison.

I had 2 Pgram+ cards for over 20 years, they were both rock solid and the simplest of all the Gram devices for GPL programming.

I had a GramKracker for about a month, and then sold it for $50 at a Chicago Faire, it was difficult to use with all the switch flipping and

was equally difficult to do any programming with.

The HSGPL card has been the most useful of all the Gram devices I've had, although not for novice programmers.

Gazoo

There was an 8-port cartridge expander announced by Mechatronic in Germany, but I've only ever seen one of them in the wild. It was sold as part of the mass of stuff Mechatronic sold at one of the TI Treffs after they pulled out of the market.

8 ports?!?! :-o I imagine it probably had to have some buffer chips to avoid hitting the TTL fanout limit. Did it require an external power supply to power up all those carts? Or can the TI cart slot source that much power?

• 3 years later...

So. I recall reading about these Navarone Widgets not working with flashROM and assumed that meant finalGROM as well. Perhaps i am mistaken? I've also read things like PARSEC not working with this widget.

Is there a comprehensive list someplace on what doesn't work with it?

I was looking at the nanPEB 3D printed topic today and noticed an FR99 plugged into a wdiget and got a little confused by that - http://atariage.com/forums/topic/276310-working-on-a-nano-peb-3d-case/?p=3980786

So wondering if a *cartridges known not to work with Navarone Widget* list existed anywhere. Or will they work if the carts are in the slot closest to he TI GROM port like in the photos above?