IGNORED

Altirra losing part of the screen in Pal

Mclaneinc

I saw the changes in NTSC lines for beta9 but when playing Cavernia in PAL I noticed at the bottom of the screen there were quite a few lines missing which you only saw if you enabled extended in overscan.

2.2 final shows the correct number of lines so the men and the object to find are not cut in half.

Setting to extended shows garbage to the right.

Edited by Mclaneinc

From Altirra thread: The Normal overscan mode now only shows 224 scanlines instead of 240, for reduced vertical borders.

I already asked if the "old" normal screen can be added as another option, but no response so far and in the latest beta build it's not there so I'm still using latest test before change (test 7).

Edited by MaPa

From Altirra thread: The Normal overscan mode now only shows 224 scanlines instead of 240, for reduced vertical borders.

I already asked if the "old" normal screen can be added as another option, but no response so far and in the latest beta build it's not there so I'm still using latest test before change (test 7).

Seems strange as I'd class normal as what a TV see's, I certainly prefer the old way, should be as you say another choice since that game looks wrong the way it is and extended just gets us seeing unneeded graphic garbage.

Tend to agree. I always set my real PAL machines up with much bigger vertical borders than those visible in the latest versions of Altirra (in "normal" overscan mode).

Oops... mind you, "extended PAL height" in test 8 kind of gets me what I want - just noticed that. Emulator window takes on more or less CRT aspect ratio, with large borders top and bottom. I'm sticking with that setting.

Edited by flashjazzcat

In what way isn't it correct?

I'm looking at it now and it seems fine although a little more saturated from the PAL High Artifacting..Proportionately it seems ok.

It might be my settings then. I don't see any interlace and the lower part of the screen shows different.

monster.jpg

Edited by Atarigmr

Odd, totally fine here, loaded it 20 times plus..

Tried loads of settings

You could try a command line of altirrra /resetall

To reset all the settings although I can't imagine the settings are that changed?

Just tried it a few more times under many settings and it still works without the effects mentioned, I did get a sort of rolling bar down the screen until I remembered to put Vysnc back on that fixed it.

I put it in Atari 800 OSB mode and all the colours were wrong, some sort of XL - XE only mode?

Here's what I see in XL mode

post-13027-0-59459800-1363277611_thumb.png

Edited by Mclaneinc

Odd, totally fine here, loaded it 20 times plus..

Tried loads of settings

You could try a command line of altirrra /resetall

To reset all the settings although I can't imagine the settings are that changed?

Just tried it a few more times under many settings and it still works without the effects mentioned, I did get a sort of rolling bar down the screen until I remembered to put Vysnc back on that fixed it.

I put it in Atari 800 OSB mode and all the colours were wrong, some sort of XL - XE only mode?

It is working now after resetting the settings I wonder what was messing up things...

Edited by Atarigmr