IGNORED

Mattel Aquarius Floppy Disk Drive (Quick Disk Drive )!

heimi

I'm afraid I can't help you track down an Aquarius QuickDisk drive; they were produced in very limited quantities and are exceedingly rare. As far as I know, the handful of surviving units are in the hands of collectors.

The printer interface is more promising, although you'll probably have to build your own cable. The Aquarius printer port is a 1200-baud RS-232 interface (output only, unfortunately), repackaged into a 3.5mm stereo jack plug. Martin v.d. Steenoven's Aquarius website includes a design for a DB-9 serial adapter, which can be used as a starting point for a serial printer cable. Several older dot matrix and laser printers included serial interfaces, although they'd be a bit slow at 1200 baud. There are a lot more parallel printers to choose from, but to use them with the Aquarius, you'd need an external serial/parallel converter and buffer, like one of these:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3004315779781?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&camp

(You can probably find other cheaper models.)

I have a schematic for an RS232 connector and for a brother printe (I think), but I need to look them up and I am not able to do so this weekend. But please let me know and I will create a scan.

As Jay said, the QD is very rare and I only got one by luck and it is not working :(

Regs,

Martin