IGNORED

DPC+ Player Missiles Going Dark

Cybearg

So I'm trying out DPC+ and I have an issue: my player 0's missiles go black once they extend beyond the range of the sprite. I've tried using COLUM0 = $2C, but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

How can I keep the player 0 missile the same color as player 0?

Missile0 doesn't work very well with DPC+ for some reason - you'd be better off using the ball sprite...

The color problem is a bug. The unoffical fix is attached - unzip (with directory structure) into your project directory.

I'll post the bug and the source fix in one of batari's threads shortly.

bB_DPCplus_1.1_COLUM0_fix.zip

dpcgame2.bin

Thanks, Mike. Attached is my latest bB DPC folder that has your fix and also includes the most recent files from batari from this thread:http://www.atariage....-version-of-bb/. I'll include this in the first post of my "getting started" thread as well.

BB_dpc_03.17.13.zip

• Like 1

Arrrr. Now with the changes I'm getting:

2600 Basic compilation completed.

DASM V2.20.07, Macro Assembler ©1988-2003

free ram: 9

DPC free RAM=

bytes of ROM space left in bank 1

bytes of ROM space left in bank 2

bytes of ROM space left in bank 3

bytes of ROM space left in bank 4

bytes of ROM space left in bank 5

bytes of ROM space left in bank 6

bytes of ROM space left in graphics bank

free ram: 9

DPC free RAM= 603

--> getbackearly 1aaa

Compilation completed at 3/17/2013 5:56:17 PM

Did you have 1.1d working before? Anybody else have this problem?

This isn't helpful to iesposta I know, but I applied your fix and was able to recompile my demo "dpcgame2.txt" successfully, and it resolved the missile0 color problem. Actually it resolved another problem for me, I now see the bytes free in each bank when I compile - although maybe that was just because of starting over with a fresh install in a new folder.

I also recompiled your dpcgame2 and saw the left side stay red, but it broke my bytes free.

I spent the afternoon in OSX making a compile environment for the ARM "custom2.bin" so I could compile it myself and try to fix COLUM0, then just as I had a successful build, I checked here and saw RevEng posted a fix.

I copied the expanded zip files from OSX to Win 7.

I'll try downloading them and unzipping them all in Windows.

Thanks, Mike. Attached is my latest bB DPC folder that has your fix and also includes the most recent files from batari from this thread:http://www.atariage....-version-of-bb/. I'll include this in the first post of my "getting started" thread as well.

I tried this new version. Works great for fixing the missile bug, but now there are a couple other things:

1. I'm having the opposite issue from Atarius. I WAS able to see my remaining ROM sizes, but now I can't with this change.

2. The entire player sprite takes on the color of COLUM0, so it overwrites the player0color data set.

I don't know what to say guys about the compile output or lack of compile. The change I made was to literally comment out 2 asm subtract commands, and a change to the arm binary file. Neither of these should cause compile problems.

I can't recreate your #2 issue Cybearg. (see my compiled version of Atarium Maximus' attached dpcgame2.bin above) Are you using player0color:? If so, can you post the files?

I tried the bin and saw the effect. I compiled your bas, and it went away.

Your results are what I'd expect to see if someone used the kernel patch but not the updated custom2.bin... so for some reason it's not getting used, but Atarius Maximus didn't see this same problem, so I'm thinking it might be PATH setup issue with vbb? Try compiling from the command-line and see what you get.

Also, make sure you see the includes/custom/bin/custom2.bin directory structure your bB directory.

I tried the bin and saw the effect. I compiled your bas, and it went away.

Your results are what I'd expect to see if someone used the kernel patch but not the updated custom2.bin... so for some reason it's not getting used, but Atarius Maximus didn't see this same problem, so I'm thinking it might be PATH setup issue with vbb? Try compiling from the command-line and see what you get.

Also, make sure you see the includes/custom/bin/custom2.bin directory structure your bB directory.

The zip file that I attached does include the \custom\bin subdirectory with the custom2.bin in it.

Edit: So I feel like I'm not being all that helpful here, but I wanted to confirm that I see the same thing as RevEng. I see the issue in Cybearg's bin, but I when I compile it myself the problem goes away.

More odd things.

I can make the changes in my DPC..._.asm file and copy the new custom2.bin over and it works.

Drag copy the unzipped DPC..._.asm file over and replace and it does not work.

Even more odd.

The temp folder that had the dpcgame2.bas now compile errors with something wrong in bank 1 and missing font declaration

But wait, it gets better. The exact same text for dpcgame2.bas in my Satan's Hollow folder compiles fine!

They are exactly the same. Copy one to the other. Won't compile in temp project director, ok in Satan's Hollow directory.

Also the bouncy background screen that I figured out, that compiled in the temp directory won't compile anymore. says:

--- Unresolved Symbol List

font 0000 ???? (R )

Fatal assembly error: Source is not resolvable.

Errors were encountered during assembly.

Copy it to another Project directory it compiles fine!

God, Windows sucks!

Both temp folder and Satans Hollow folder are in the Projects folder.

There has to be some invisible configuration saved between project folders because why would the same code act different in different project folders?

Edited by iesposta

Atarius you have 2 custom2.bin files in your zip upload.

One in includes\custom\bin folder (old custom2bin)

and one in custom\bin folder (new custom2.bin)

EDIT:

Cybearg:

The new custom2.bin file

has to go in the

includes\custom\bin\custom2.bin

Edited by iesposta