IGNORED

SETI@home-group from AtariAge?

sonnenhexer

That would be cool, but the SETI distributed project has ALOT of cheats involved.....so it kinda spoils it

I've been involved with the RC5 encryption crack projects.....currently in the rc5-72 project......read more about it here

http://n0cgi.distributed.net/faq/cache/270.html

This one started just recently, as compared to SETI which has been going a for a long time.

So you can help try to break a 72bit encryption code via distributed computing. Just another possibility, but wither one would be cool and I'd join in for an AtariAge team!

So you can help try to break a 72bit encryption code via distributed computing. Just another possibility, but wither one would be cool and I'd join in for an AtariAge team!

Hm, I can't see what that might be useful for.

Are they searching for a lost key or is this just a competition? We all know that a correct key must exist and probably somebody knows it already.

But Seti is different. Though I know the chances are extremly minimal. the is a chance to discover something new (and very important). And I'm not doing it for any record, just for fun!

There are other projects used for maybe more useful research e.g. folding of molecular structures, new higher PI numbers etc. if you prefer those.

I'm not going to support those, because I don't know much they are based on commercial or dubious military interests.

If you read the FAQ that I linked to.....thats why they are doing it...

http://n0cgi.distributed.net/faq/cache/29.html

To show that various encryption (government) is not entirely effective. I'll agree that SETI shows more potential for discovering something and thats why I said I'd certainly be up for helping! :)

I'm a programmer, and encryption is one of the small areas that interest me, so thats probably why I like the rc5 stuff too.