IGNORED

Sega Master Drive question

ntcmpjg

I think you're flipping names around. Mega Drive is the other region name for a Genesis. Master System was Sega's 8 bitter from the previous generation. You can get a "Power Base Converter" to play Master System on a Genesis, but you CAN NOT play Genesis/Mega Drive on a Master System.

To play import Mega Drive on an American Genesis you need a Mega Key or a Game Genie. The Genie will need a corresponding code to work. A knock off Sega made by atgames doesn't need a converter if you have a lot of imports.

• Like 1

I think you're flipping names around. Mega Drive is the other region name for a Genesis. Master System was Sega's 8 bitter from the previous generation. You can get a "Power Base Converter" to play Master System on a Genesis, but you CAN NOT play Genesis/Mega Drive on a Master System.

To play import Mega Drive on an American Genesis you need a Mega Key or a Game Genie. The Genie will need a corresponding code to work. A knock off Sega made by atgames doesn't need a converter if you have a lot of imports.

So if I have a EU Game genie I can play American or do I need a American game genie. Also a mega key is next to impossible to find

Hmm might be easier/cheaper to get someone to mod the system for you. I have a Game Genie and you need codes for it, but most of the big titles are playable with a Genie.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/genesis/game/22663.html

http://www.gamefaqs.com/genesis/916377-genesis/faqs/60595

Second one is an import guide for Genesis. Lot of codes in it. Genies are probably the cheapest route depending on the game.

Hmm. depending on where you are, we have a number of talented modders. I'd post in the marketplace. Just post a thread to the gist of Pal Sega Genny needs region mod. Ax and Yurkie might be able to help you out, but there are others who might be closer to you.

Thanks I'm going to buy a American one and have it modded so I can play the pal and Japanese games