IGNORED

rare items

Alex.Pace

I was outbid early on, it was someone here alex. But i will let themselves reveal themselves, they may not want their "secret" ebay number revealed.....side note: why dont ebay randomize it? Everyone still can figure it out. I recognize several of those numbers.

Anyway, it looks like you have competition in the prototype collecting!

Was any of those roms particularly rare? I was interested in seeing what the Rocks rom was.

I think most others i have on my cc3, but they might be an earlier version?

I am even more intrigued by this from the description:

"Games include: Scar Finger, Dunvoo (Thin Ice), Flintstones Keyboard Fun, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Sting (ZZZZ), NumJum (I think this is Number Jumble), Yogi's Frustration, Thunder Castle, Space Cunt, Soccer II and Rocks (Select Games 2). "

what is this Soccer II and is there a ROM for it? Is it same as Drexel's World Cup Socer?

Also Sting, NumJum and Rocks, have these ever seen the light of day? Don't recall them ever being on the Intelligentvision list of games to produce. (Sting sounds like it could be Spina the Bee?)

Edited by TrickyMoon

I am even more intrigued by this from the description:

"Games include: Scar Finger, Dunvoo (Thin Ice), Flintstones Keyboard Fun, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Sting (ZZZZ), NumJum (I think this is Number Jumble), Yogi's Frustration, Thunder Castle, Space Cunt, Soccer II and Rocks (Select Games 2). "

what is this Soccer II and is there a ROM for it? Is it same as Drexel's World Cup Socer?

Also Sting, NumJum and Rocks, have these ever seen the light of day? Don't recall them ever being on the Intelligentvision list of games to produce. (Sting sounds like it could be Spina the Bee?)

The games floating as roms around the net for years (and have been released even on carts lately).

Thanks, I knew many Roms had been around and have all of the IntelligentVision games, but just wondering if Soccer II was the same as World Cup Soccer or a 3rd soccer game for the INTV.

Maybe the original 4 player ECS version of World Cup Soccer:

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/bluesky/games/credits/intv0.shtml#wc_soccer

Thanks, I knew many Roms had been around and have all of the IntelligentVision games, but just wondering if Soccer II was the same as World Cup Soccer or a 3rd soccer game for the INTV.

soccer 2 is titled super soccer in the title screen. there is soccer, soccer with ads, super soccer and world cup football. has super soccer ever made it as a cart or rom only??

edit: super soccer looks like soccer w/ads without the ads. all of them look the same except the original soccer doesnt have advertisement walls that would separate the fields from the stands in a real stadium.

Edited by pimpmaul69

How hard has Wing War been looked for? Is a prototype known to have existed at one time?

we have evidence from a video footage taken at Imagic that intellivision wing war was running well. But this does not mean a proto it's existing, since the beta games were supposely stored in tape and loaded into testing card... so the rom is probably never gone from the tape to a real cart, and noone find the tapes so far

being in beta test, the games was suppose to be at least 95% done

Edited by vprette

Imagic was bought by Activision. I should have been found where the Activision prototype roms have been found.

Imagic simply went out of business, and I'm pretty sure any rights to their games are still held by former chairman Bruce Davis (who later worked for Activison/Mediagenic). Although Activision has used a few of Imagic's properties over the years, the company's assets were never purchased by Activision, and they would not have had access to any unreleased titles.

I'm not disappeared.

I talked with all Imagic programmers, no Wing War rom surfaced.

from my lost games guide:

One of the best games for Colecovision according to the critics. Proto-boxes made by Michael Becker and Wilfred Aguilar, but probably they went all lost (both Becker and Aguilar haven’t a single one left). Wing War was listed in the 1983 Fathom instruction booklet as a game that would be released soon on multiple platforms, including Intellivision.

The game was also (with Flaps! name) announced at CES in Chicago in september 1983 as coming soon in several platforms including Intellivision, as reported in Videogiochi n.8, september-october 1983, pag. 47 (ed. Jackson) and Videogiochi anuary 1984, page 120 and also in an advertisement in Tilt, a french videogames magazine, n. 13, june 1984, page 39 and in an italian rare brochure; appeared also in Electronic Fun with Computer & Games (as Flap!), september 1983, page 85.

While Wing War was released for the Atari 2600 (and of course Colecovision), the Intellivision version, even if completed (or almost completed), was never released and the project was abandoned late in 1983. I’ve made a lot of efforts to understand if Intellivision ROM existed, but, yes, it did! Rick Levine programmed the TI99-4a porting (also this version, although complete, was never officially released) and told "I remember Wing War playing pretty well on Intellivision, but as you say it was never published"; I showed him the pictures of catalogs and he told "From my memory, that does not look like the screen shot of the game on the Intellivision. I seem to remember it having better looking graphics than that, because I was working on the TI 99/4a version and using the graphics from the Intellivision version. So, I’m assuming that is artwork. That’s my best guess"; indeed Levine was wrong and he confused the Intellivision version with Colecovision one (he actually used the Colecovision graphic, which is indeed very similar, in his work on TI99-4a version). Steve De Frisco denied that the intellivision version existed: “Alan Smith and I designed the game. I wrote the Atari800 version, Alan did the Colecovision version. I do not remember that anyone worked on an Intellivision version. I think that some marketing material at the time listed it as an upcoming release, but we never worked on it… I'm not sure that the Intellivision version was ever anything more than a mocked-up screen shot”.

The Atari 400/800 version (which was complete) was never released due the market crash, but it is probably the nearest thing to the intellivision version: if you check especially the green dragon of this version and the graphics, you see that they are similar to the Intellivision version artwork (see below).

According to B.Dougherty rom existed: "We did have PROM cards for these games (programmable ROMs) that we used for trade shows but I have no idea if they would still be around anywhere".

M. Becker confirmed that it existed: “(referring to Moonsweeper, Wing War and Shootin’Gallery) The rest below it seems are pretty resolved.In those days it was very hard to photograph screens and that is why we traced them onto acetate taped on the TV, then transfered that to artboard and hand cut colored paper and pasted it down to represent the flat colors. What a lot of work!... We usually didn’t make a box until the game itself was pretty far along… (with specific reference to Wing War) I think it did exist. I really think Alan Smith programmed it and Karen did the art but it was never finished”.

Then he gave me the artworks you see in the column, which reflect actual screenshots of intellivision version (very similar to Atari 400/800 one); you can notice that the volcano is identical to Fathom’s one, which confirms that Intellivision version existed.

P. Schimitz told me to have worked on Intellivision version: “I started work on another dragon-themed game that was being built in parallel for Intellivision and a newer box (Coleco), but after IceTrek I concentrated on building in-circuit-emulators and working on system software to support game development and debugging. … Yeah, the name changed a few times. I have forgotten the details at this point, and also how it related to an earlier Intellivision game. It was a while ago now...

Finally Steve De Frisco found an old movie where there are 4 seconds of the game being played with the prototype cartridge inserted in the intellivision console (see youtube link above).

B. Dougherty told then: “Wing War was probably one of the most stunning graphical games we did for the Intellivision. The woman who did the art for that game really did an outstanding job. Too bad the market was falling apart as we neared completion”.

M. Sarconi confirmed his work at graphics of the game: “I recognize the dragon creature in your pictures as the one I'm working on in the video I sent you, so perhaps I worked on Wing War a bit. I was often asked to create and animate characters for games that I wasn't really working on”.

Edited by Alex.Pace