IGNORED

Cmart's variation of a variation thread - Space Armada

cmart604

Hey guys, time for another variations thread, this time a small one based on variations of variations. :-D Those of you who are new to variation collecting for the INTV and who are super OCD and must have all versions are going to hate me. :D

We're going to look at Space Armada and a couple of cool variations of it (One was cool enough to get mentioned in another thread even - at #17) ;)

http://www.atariage....ion-variations/

First up is the RED Action Network version of Space Armada which wasn't released in the US, but rather just for PAL land. (Unlike the Red Space Battle which did have a US release). There are three versions.

The top one was the Australian release distributed by Lifestyle Electronics, and manufactured by Radofin Electronics whom you may recognize from Aquarius fame.

The second one was also manufactured by Radofin but this time was distributed by Advanced Consumer Electronics in England.

Finally the third release was a regular Mattel Hong Kong release.

post-25458-0-86407700-1363746032_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-28371200-1363746057_thumb.jpg

Next up are the two Digiplay versions, which, annoyingly, have two different addresses, or rather, one had an address correction on the back (see the third pic). There are a number of Digi releases that came out as both Digimed and Digiplay releases after the company changed its name during the production life on a few of the titles.

post-25458-0-56514300-1363746162_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-29218600-1363746188_thumb.jpg

post-25458-0-46416300-1363746213_thumb.jpg

Hope you enjoy this little knowledge drop. Happy variation collecting and please stop sending me hate mail for bringing this stuff to your collective attention. :lolblue: :lolblue: :lolblue:

• Like 1

Until you teased me with your Australian variant of red Space Amarda I wasn't even aware it existed :-o

Curses another varient to find.....

Lol! Sorry Stu. Hey at least you should have a home field advantage trying to find one. :)

• 2 weeks later...

My red Space Armada, on the bottom flap, says:

© Mattel, Inc. 1981. All rights reserved. Distributed by Advanced Consumer Electronics Ltd., Unit 3. Fulton Road, Wembley, Middx., England. CARTRIDGE MADE IN HONG KONG, CONTROLLER OVERLAYS PRINTED IN U.S.A. BALANCE MADE AND PRINTED IN HONG KONG. Manufactured for Mattel by Radofin Electronics (Far East) Ltd.

® and TM designate U.S. trademarks of Mattel, Inc.

Stands to reason, I bought it from e-Bay UK.

dZ.

My red Space Armada, on the bottom flap, says:

© Mattel, Inc. 1981. All rights reserved. Distributed by Advanced Consumer Electronics Ltd., Unit 3. Fulton Road, Wembley, Middx., England. CARTRIDGE MADE IN HONG KONG, CONTROLLER OVERLAYS PRINTED IN U.S.A. BALANCE MADE AND PRINTED IN HONG KONG. Manufactured for Mattel by Radofin Electronics (Far East) Ltd.

® and TM designate U.S. trademarks of Mattel, Inc.

Stands to reason, I bought it from e-Bay UK.

dZ.

Yep, yours is the middle one. Nice score. :)

• 9 months later...

What are the red box Space Armada worth? I just picked up one in Vancouver a couple days ago. I know the normal Space Armada is only worth ~$5 CIB.

They seem a little more common in Canada, so you can probably find them cheap there. They are much rarer in the US and on eBay. Many people don't even know or care about the variant, so not many people are willing to pay to much for one. All that being said, I would value one between $12-20. Maybe more if in mint condition or if there is a big enough dry spell and people get anxious.