IGNORED

Source Code-palooza

Curt Vendel

M.W. Colburn did some other Atari 8-bit stuff such as the Atari 1200XL BIOS, so he was definitly an Atari 8-bit guy.

More specifically, he is the original author of Self-Test.

The only name I can find in Tennis is this:

(...)

* Greg Riker *

(...)

Does this name sound familiar?

His name also appears in the source code of the 1200XL boot-up screen (not used in production), as posted by Curt himself a few years ago.

What are you using to play it? I wonder if we can get an .xex for this.

It is an .XEX. Just put it on a disk and use the L, LOAD function to run it. I used DOS 2.5. I had to disable the ramdisk program first but once I did that it ran fine. It ran fine in the ATARI800MacX emulator as well. I'm sure it will run in the newer PC Atari emulators as well. I could not get the Fooftball game to run though.

Allan

Imagine what kind of hacks we can do with these games. They would have to be ported to .asm text files because the return / tab characters are different. I could bring it up in notepad and know its 6502 assembly. There's a few games I wouldn't mind seeing modified to make them closer to their arcade counterpart.

• 2 weeks later...

68000 isn't the same as 6502.

And that's exactly why you and Kevin should take this chance and get your toes wet with the Lynx, which is a 6502 system and would be just perfect for ports of those games. ;)

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 1

The released version.

There were two released versions. One has a 1982 © and the other a 1983, if I remember correctly. I have both carts. They both have the same label (brown with 1982 ©). I believe there were also some gray label releases of the 1983 version.

And that's exactly why you and Kevin should take this chance and get your toes wet with the Lynx, which is a 6502 system and would be just perfect for ports of those games. ;)

No thanks, I like my bits 32 wide - which is why I love the Jaguar ;)

(Troll on, everyone, LOL)

• Like 2

This is the source code for the earlier 400/800-only game cart. I don't know if it's actually the finished, released version of the codebase or not. It was written before the 5200 even existed as a console.

Is that the right answer to the right question? lol

I don't know if it's actually the finished, released version of the codebase or not.

That's what I wanted to know. There are two earlier versions of the 800 only release out there (check AM) and I was wondering if this was different from those. Obviously we don't know the answer to that yet.

No thanks, I like my bits 32 wide - which is why I love the Jaguar ;)

(Troll on, everyone, LOL)

:sad:

I hope you enjoyed breaking my heart and making my prospect of life miserable, knowing I will never play Downfall and Superfly on Lynx. :(

Edited by 108 Stars