IGNORED

incognito board preorder #2

candle

You must be kidding, right :-o. That's 10 times more soldering, even the experienced solderers aren't prone to mistakes as I've seen it with my own eyes before.... :)

No - not kidding at all. If you can't solder for s**t, you'll make a mess of four wires, forty or four hundred - that's the point.

Also - four hundred is a hundred times four, not ten times four. In any case, I wouldn't dispute that it takes longer to solder something the more wires there are.

I assume what you saw with your own eyes (and I assume what you're trying to say is that experienced solderers are prone to mistakes) was a loose wire (i.e. bad joint) on one of my XM301 conversions, which you were kind enough to fix. No doubt you were delighted by the opportunity to allude to this. Yes - everyone makes the odd mistake, but the non-solderer will habitually butcher even the most elementary jobs. I hope the point I'm trying to make is fairly clear now.

Edited by flashjazzcat

No doubt you were delighted by the opportunity to allude to this...

You're wrong, I wasn't delighted at all...It was just a proof that even experienced people make mistakes and I used this example to make a point here that the more soldering you have to do, the more chances for mistakes, it's simply a statistical fact... You seem to exagerate certain things just to make your point seem valid. It does make a difference whether you do 4 or 400 wires, it simply means you are 100 times more likely to make a mistake. And isn't it obvious if you can't solder s**t, you shouldn't be even attempting to screw around with electronics?

Edited by atari8warez

• 1 month later...

finally, boards are here!

incognito-boards-2nd-preorder.jpg

now i can start assembly

i'm still waiting on cpld chips (they suppose to be here in next week or so), but at least i can start right now with all remaining parts

also

i've ordered 40 boards, so i have little more than i need for everyone, so if anyone else would be interested - just drop me a PM

Sebastian

• Like 2

finally, boards are here!

incognito-boards-2nd-preorder.jpg

now i can start assembly

i'm still waiting on cpld chips (they suppose to be here in next week or so), but at least i can start right now with all remaining parts

also

i've ordered 40 boards, so i have little more than i need for everyone, so if anyone else would be interested - just drop me a PM

Sebastian

Sebastian:

Would like to place an order for a second unit. Please, PM with updated payment instructions, at your earliest convenience.

NOTE: PM Sent!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

update:

all bottom parts are on panels, and for top side - all passive components are soldered in

todo: semiconductors and connectors

i still haven't received cpld chips from my supplier, ETA for this is this week (10-16 of june)

to all who PM me about purchasing a board - i'll reply... soon, just need to get most outstanding assigments finnished

• Like 1