IGNORED

1000th post fail?

I was originally planning a really cool 1000th post, but it crept up on me way too fast. I wasted much of 900-1000 with insignificant posts like "lol" and "that's what she said". Oh, If I could turn back the hands of time....the things I would likely do the same ;-)

So I was planning a cool game give away, but wasn't sure which game(s) to give up or how I would choose a winner. I put some thought in to it, but apparently not enough as post # 999 was soon at my door step. Oh, snap! Still no plan and now the dilemma - waste my 1000th post, or wait for inspiration? Still lost for ideas, I decided abstain from the forum, swaddle my potential 1000th post in a blanket of bacon, and meditate in forum silence. The hours turned into days, the days turned to weeks, weeks to months.....OK, I'm being told that it's been 4 days. I digress....

So here we are. Post # 1000. What am I giving away? Empty promises? Long winded explanations? Life lessons about procrastination, perhaps? All of the above? Actually I think it's the last one.

I will say this. My four days away from the forum has made me anxious, yet has given me time to reflect. Is it that my gaming addiction has spread from eBay to AtariAge and I'm now going through forum withdrawal? Possibly. Is all of this bacon content overstimulating my neural reward system? Probably. But I think it's also that this forum is unique. Where else can you find this kind of community of collectors, gamers, addicts, drunks, and perverts with common interests in Intellivision and bacon? :grin: So thanks to everyone on the forum for welcoming me in, sharing knowledge, making trades, creating games, hosting contests, and just hanging out. I'm still planning on a game giveaway and hopefully will soon be posting some updated collection pics. I can't say when, but hopefully before post # 2000 ;-)

Long live the Intellivision Brotherhood!

• Like 7

. Where else can you find this kind of community of collectors, gamers, addicts, drunks, and perverts with common interests in Intellivision and bacon?

Is there hidden code here?

addicts = cmart?

drunks = intellivisiondude

perverts = rev

gamers =?

collectors ? maybe voltron

• Like 1

Currently working on my 5000th post so I understand.

Currently working on my 5000th post so I understand.

I must be posting too much bc thats 5000 since 2004. I just past 2k and i have only been here 8 months. Rev once called me speed poster.

Shoot! It feels just like a few weeks ago I was looking forward to my 1000th post. I just saw that I have over 2500. That's a lot of bacon references and "LOL"s !

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

I need more posts too.

Well, that was one more. :-D

Heck, I've been here since 2006 and I haven't even broke a 1000 yet. I really need to start looking into this bacon thing...

BTW, congrats JasonlikesINTV for you 1000th plus post.

Edited by pboland

Great 1k post!

It took me forever to get to 1k. Now im rolling in the K's.

I got all my little controller icons and didnt cheat like alot if guys by becoming a subscriber!

Haha! That's funny, 'cause I avoided subscribing for a while because I liked seeing the icons change as I got more posts. As soon as i got to the point where I got my next-to-last one and it would be a long time until it changed again, I subscribed. I wonder if Al realizes that feature is counterproductive to the revenue stream?

Haha! That's funny, 'cause I avoided subscribing for a while because I liked seeing the icons change as I got more posts. As soon as i got to the point where I got my next-to-last one and it would be a long time until it changed again, I subscribed. I wonder if Al realizes that feature is counterproductive to the revenue stream?

Lol! This. Same for me. I waited until I was 4000+ to subscribe. I'll "earn" my last joystick soon enough though at 5000. I guess I should start putting some thought into it.....