IGNORED

female header connector, single row

grips03

I'm having trouble finding a connector. I had a pcb made at oshpark and I plan to put in header pins one side of the pcb. These header pins are spaced like a standard DIP IC, but only a single row like SIP. Connector would kind of be like single row IDC type connector (same spacing and size). But rather than using ribbon cable they would connect to lose wires. I think they crimp to a female type metal contact and then slide into a housing.

have:

-pcb

-metal header pins

need:

- info on the female contacts that can connect to non ribbon cable wires

- plastic housing for these contacts, at least 9 pins

Edited by grips03

Your need something like the Molex KK connectors ( http://www.newark.com/molex/09-50-3151/plug-socket-housing-recpt-15pos/dp/74C5880 ) other companies like Harwin and Multicomp make simialr "wire to board" connectors ( http://www.newark.com/harwin/m20-1060200/wire-to-board-connector-rcpt-2pos/dp/82H8395?in_merch=Popular Wire-To-Board Products&MER=PPSO_N_P_WireToBoard_None )

2, 3, 4, 5, 8 & 10 way are the most common sizes but others exist.

Generally find an electronic compoment supplier and search their connectors section for PCB connectors with 2.5mm (0.1 inch) pitch and you should find something that will do what you want.