IGNORED

Choplifter and Space Patrol...

Hi all, I really want copies of these two games...badly. They used to be a couple of favorites of mine back in the day.

There is a sealed Choplifter on the Bay right now but I'm afraid buyers are going to go apeshit for it, and the only pictures on the internet of Choplifter come from this forum.

The Left Turn Only website states they are "temporarily" out of stock of the $50 version of Space Patrol. How long has it said that and are there plans to release more boxed copies of it? It would sure help knowing that so I can decide how much to bid for it whenever it comes up...

I was able to purchase Choplifter from Intelligentvision at the end of last year after they had been sent out to the lucky few that got them for free. My guess is that David no longer has any available but you may want to contact him directly and find out for sure.

Edited by bikeguychicago

I was bidding on the Space Patrol currently on eBay but it's getting to be too rich for my blood (and probably will be even more so by the time the auction is complete). So, I am instead waiting it out until Joe has more available. I'd rather my money go directly to Joe anyway so that he can continue to produce such excellent titles as these.

Edited by bikeguychicago

I was able to purchase Choplifter from Intelligentvision at the end of last year after they had been sent out to the lucky few that got them for free. My guess is that David no longer has any available but you may want to contact him directly and find out for sure.

Actually, everyone paid for Choplifter (it was the "secret" game). Deep Pockets was the "bonus" to the loyal buyers.

Lol, the only choplifter i see on ebay for intellivision is that red magnet!

That art they used is a mock up box design i did. The red intv style!

Heh, guess I need to proof read my posts better, I meant the copy of Space Patrol that's already at bigger bux than when new.

If there are going to be more copies of Space Patrol available (do you know if they will be boxed, as well?) I would also rather purchase directly from the maker, that way I may be able to afford more than one :) Would be awesome if true, it hasn't been available since it came out in '07, has it?

Thanks for the link to David W's site, seeing actual copies of Choplifter (complete with overlays and color manual, no less) just makes me want it even more...

Heh, guess I need to proof read my posts better, I meant the copy of Space Patrol that's already at bigger bux than when new.

If there are going to be more copies of Space Patrol available (do you know if they will be boxed, as well?) I would also rather purchase directly from the maker, that way I may be able to afford more than one :) Would be awesome if true, it hasn't been available since it came out in '07, has it?

Thanks for the link to David W's site, seeing actual copies of Choplifter (complete with overlays and color manual, no less) just makes me want it even more...

left turn only, joe the creator had space patrols sold boxed last year. left turn only sold both space patrol and christmas carol.

left turn only, joe the creator had space patrols sold boxed last year. left turn only sold both space patrol and christmas carol.

Joe said he was going to have more Space Patrol for sale soon. I think he's still catching up at work after his BIG MOVE.

Christmas Carol, as far as I know, is still available.

So I guess no one is really sure if Choplifter is going to be sold again, huh? It's a great game, I still play the arcade and C64 ports to this day.

I would highly doubt it at this point, I believe David is done with releasing games. I'm still holding out hope we'll see Super Chef and maybe another release or two from him in the future but I sense that is it for the earlier releases. David, if you're listening..... :)

So I guess no one is really sure if Choplifter is going to be sold again, huh? It's a great game, I still play the arcade and C64 ports to this day.

He won't. There are other threads with more information, but the result as I remember it, was that the unlicensed aspect of those releases angered some people and he received legal threats, so he made it clear he is out of production entirely. His last releases were merely a gift to his very close customers, and that was it.

Now, William has been hinting that Intellivision Productions may be releasing some older titles including previously unreleased games. I don't know if or when that will happen, so there is that hope.

dZ.

He won't. There are other threads with more information, but the result as I remember it, was that the unlicensed aspect of those releases angered some people and he received legal threats, so he made it clear he is out of production entirely. His last releases were merely a gift to his very close customers, and that was it.

Now, William has been hinting that Intellivision Productions may be releasing some older titles including previously unreleased games. I don't know if or when that will happen, so there is that hope.

dZ.

We can always click our shoes together three times.

Thanks for the info guys, appreciate it.

The only really rare game I have is one copy of Fathom, so unless anyone wants to sell me a copy of Choplifter outright I suppose I'll just have to keep lurking auction sites.

It does appear to come up on eBay every couple of months or so...

So the Space Patrol that was on eBay went for over $170...

I guess patience truly is a virtue (plus it's less taxing on the wallet).

Yeah, I'm not super happy about the price it went for either, but since it was sealed there is always going to be someone who wants it real bad.

They usually go for between $150-175. Are you still looking for one?

Yes, absolutely!! I want one to play, if anyone has a copy they can part with I'm in for whatever the going rate is...

There is a sealed Choplifter on the Bay right now but I'm afraid buyers are going to go apeshit for it, and the only pictures on the internet of Choplifter come from this forum.

sealed? pretty sure they weren't sealed when david shipped... sorry didn't read entire thread, but was it a BIN or something that's gone? I dont see on ebay

edit: ok nevermind, read through entire thread...

Edited by TrickyMoon