IGNORED

Took the plunge - bought a Cube

Xot

Finally got my first new game system since my Dreamcast. Best Buy was having a 2 free games deal when you bought a Game Cube..... and one of them was Metroid Prime. Suddenly, I no longer had any excuse why I wasn't owning this game.

Haven't had a lot of time to go through it yet, because, being the dumbass I sometimes am, I forgot to get a memory card. But I'm determined to finish at least the first area tonight when I get home.

The other game was NBA Street, and since I didn't give a rat's ass about it, I took it back to a different store and use the exchange to buy an 8 Meg memory card and got $2 back :D

So, any suggestions for GC titles? Games I'm already planning to pick up are MK: DA, Soul Caliber II, and that Japanese shooter... Icaruga?

Don't say Mario Sunshine or Smash Bros. Melee - I hated Mario 64 and the original Smash Bros. :razz:

You MUST get Eternal Darkness. Some people write it off as a Resident Evil clone, but it is so much more than that. The best game I've played in years.

Yeah, eternal darkness is a very cool game, I just got it because of all the positive things you guys had to say about it… but I have no idea what I’m supposed to do in the very beginning, I think its something to do with that telescope… :?

WIND WALKER of course.. when it comes out in March :)

I doubt Wind Waker will appeal to me. I don't like the animationstyle, for starters, and Ocarina and Majora's Mask just didn't feel like Zelda games to me. I also didn't like Mario 64, so I doubt I'd want to bother with Mario Sunshine.

I saw that Capcom vs. SNK was coming out for the Cube; I'll probably pick that up if it's significantly different from the DC version.

Eternal Darkness

Phantasy Star Online

Skies of Arcadia Legends

Resident Evil

Good stuff!

So what's this Skies of Arcadia Legends all about, anyways? RPG? I've heard it mentioned a few times as good stuff, but hadn't heard of it before I got my Cube.

I suppose now would be a good time to see if anyone's got any used Cube stuff they want to part with, too.... :D

Games I recommend (with your commented ones not included, of course):

• - Good game, but short. Also, cheap now.

Beach Spikers - A better volleyball game than DOAX and also should be cheap ($10 at Best Buy, still?)

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury - Not the greatest, but a unique fighter, at least. The graphics are vastly improved over BR3 on the PS2 and the characters stand out.

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters - Melee! - Great atypical fighter from Atari/Infogrames

Luigi's Mansion - Also short but solid game. Best seller, so price is down or soon will be. May not appeal if you don't like Mario

Resident Evil (remake) & Resident Evil 0 - perfect time to jump on the RE bandwagon.

Robotech: Battlecry - Decent shooter with solid graphics. Not my cup of tea, you can have it for $25 + shipping.

Spider-Man - Better gfx than PS2, no bonus levels like XBOX. Solid gameplay. Bruce Campbell.

Spy Hunter - Should be cheap. Solid re-working. Classic game included.

Starfox Adventures - If it was the style of the N64 Zelda you didn't like. If it was the gameplay, forget it - it's the same.

Star Wars: Rogue Leader - Rogue Squadron II - As good as it gets for space combat on any system.

Super Money Ball 1 & 2 - Great arcade game with loads of replay and multi-player value.

Games I haven't played, but heard good things about:

• - If you've got a few months worth of free time

Darkened Skye - If you like your Action/RPGs lighthearted and Skittle-flavored

Dragon's Lair 3D - If you like your games classicly styled

Legends of Wrestling II - Improves on the original game and includes....Andy Kaufman!!!

Rocky - I don't know...but some folks like it...

Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Reviews are mixed. Friends of mine liked it.

TimeSplitters 2 - From some of the creators of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark

X-Men: Next Dimension - Formulaic but decent 3D fighter.

Things to look for in the future:

• - From Nintendo & Sega!!!

Game Boy Player - play all GB, GBC & GBA games on your 'Cube

Pitfall Harry - If you like your heroes "light on their feet" :roll:

Resident Evil 4 - assuming your on the bandwagon...

The Sims

Starfox Armada - If you like classic Starfox

...and Many More!!!

Re: Skies of Arcadia, here's the IGN review:

http://cube.ign.com/articles/384/384008p1.html

You can never tell. Let's get going.

good choice!! i would reccomend James Bond: Agent Under Fire and Nightfire. Both are great games, but you should be able to pick Agent under fire up for about $30 at most. And i would also reccomend Sonic Adventure 2 Battle if you don`t own it on DC already.

Pac Man World 2 is really good also. Super Monkey Ball is ok, it gets pretty annoying after awhile though. SSX Tricky is awesome too. and that all i can thiunk of right now

Eternal Darkness is must own, and pretty cheap (I think it's under $20 at Best Buy). Skies of Arcadia is a solid RPG. If you want a shooter, Timesplitters2 is a good choice. The Cube has pretty good variety and should have a game for anybody in any genre. Look forward to Zelda, Ikaruga, Soul Calibur 2, and upcoming Square and Capcom projects. Good luck!

Yes,

Ikaruga

Eternal Darkness

Phantasy Star Online

Skies of Arcadia

Defender (I really like this game)

Any of the EA sports games are great

Starfox Adventures

Starfox Armada (coming soon)

ZELDA Wind Waker & the Zelda OOT/URA disc

Godzilla Destroy all monsters Melee is cool

Waverace (I like it)

Pikmin (I like it)

resident evil 1 & 0

Star Wars Rogue Squadron

medal of Honor: Front Line

Monkey Ball 1 & 2... both are great, and unique to each other.... if you have anger problems, don't get it.. I almost lost a few controllers to these games.

Ghost Recon

Splinter cell (coming soon)

burnout

burnout 2 (coming soon)

and many other games that I really like. Some people might argue.. but I believe the above is a swet list to start on... and yes, I really believe they are all good. I have 32 GCN games so far... I have played 100+. There are more good games that I am dying for. :)

BTW. I love NBA Street... why did you get rid of that lol.

†B†V†